My Bull Necklace

by TOTH 34 Replies latest jw friends

• TOTH
    TOTH

YEARS ago my mom sold Avon and I bought a necklace from her that had a bull head as the centerpiece. (Looks like the one above) I was first admonished by the overlords to not wear it because it was like walking around with a GOLDEN CALF around my neck. when I kept wearing it my mom was scolded for selling it to me and I was then scolded as well. So, I stopped wearing it. Well, awhile back I FOUND it! it's in gorgeous condition and so I started to wear it again.

I went to Walgreens a few minutes ago to get a couple of packs of Camel 99s and on my way out I ran into Count DRUNKula. My wife's uncle. I didn't speak to him but he started with me by saying that they missed us at the memorial last night. When I told him that Mrs. TOTH was too sick to attend he said that NOTHING could keep him away. Maybe our priorities were messed up. So i told him that he should be thankful for having good health instead of criticizing less fortunate people. I started to walk away and he asked what I had around my neck so I turned to show him. I told him I had it for about thirty years and started wearing it again.

He looked at me all surprised. No doubt still brimming over with memorial zeal. LOL

He said it was a pagan idol. I just walked away and left the old drunk talking. He called me a faggot too. I waved without looking back at him. I expect a call from Mrs. TOTHs dad any minute.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Goood grief...

That uncle - Drunkula - is wacked.

Nice necklace, though!!

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Dude! That necklace is SWEET! I'm a Taurus. Maybe that's why i like it so much. Wear it with pride, it's a nice piece.

• TOTH
    TOTH

Thanks, it IS a sweet piece isn't it? It was perfect in the early 80s. I shoulda told the elders to stick it...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hee hee!!

Better yet, you should have asked him if he'd like to join you in a little "Mithras" celebration after the coming Memorial...

Or you should have asked him why he swallowed the Watchtower's 'bull', but squawked about your mini version...

• TOTH
    TOTH

Here I am with it on...LOL

Bull

• TOTH
    TOTH

Awesome comebacks Ziddina

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I like the horns. Are they bone? Imitation ivory?

• talesin
    talesin

I remember all the smh's and reproving comments about wearing a 'gold horn' necklace, what a bunch of malarkey!

Cool piece, TOTH. :)

t

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Very pretty!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit