Are Jehovah's Witnesses any better/nicer/kinder/more loving/anything positive than members of any other religions or those not adhering to any religion?

by bottleofwater 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bottleofwater
  • mP
    mP

No, there are good and bad people in all artificial groups. All nations, cities, supporters of any football team can have good and bads. Theres no qualification for charitable works or giving in JW thus there is no measure that guarantees they are good, nor are there any practices that they do that make them all evil.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

no they are the WORST at everything .... it's all negitive.... all of it ... everything

• vanyell
    vanyell

Let's not paint every JW with the same brush. Unfortunately though, their reaction does give credit to their being negative to all things against their rag doll...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Heya Bottle!

I think you already know the answer to that question...

Are Jehovah's Witnesses any better/nicer/kinder/more loving/anything positive than members of any other religions or those not adhering to any religion?

There are some JWs that are good, nice, kind, loving, positive. But when you compare them to others, you certainly can't collectively say that they are better/nicer/kinder/more loving/anything positive. What really can be said of a group that prays for rocks to soon begin falling from the sky to smash open the heads of billions of innocent people? They don't sound particularly "nice" to me.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

No.

JWs as individuals can be nice, but as a group are NOT superior to others. They tend to be judgemental, as many religions are.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

There is an outward and inward appearance that they are but stick your head into any religious organization and you'll find similar characters and

personalities. It should also be said that there equal portion of people who may not be associated with a religious organization, who are equal

to and at times better than the devoted religious types.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I've met people of many faiths/belief systems, and can honestly say that there are loonies in every one... Not as a whole, but individuals. I've encountered bible-beating Christians who yell that I'm going to hell for being an Atheist. I've had JW's say I'll die at Armageddon for not believing. I've encountered Atheists who are just as hateful and vehement about their stand as some fundemental Christians and JW's. I've been judged by many, no matter their belief, simply because I have none.

When it comes to taking care of others who are not their own, no I certainly don't think JW's hold a candle to, say, some Catholic/Baptist/Protestant/Methodist churches I've seen. But when it comes to being judgemental? There are jerks in every religion, every group, every walk of life. The JW's are no better or no worse in this area, even though they claim to be.

• thetrueone
  • Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

I think the Fundamental Christans who are being attacked by Muslim zealots in Nigeria would prefer JWs.

2. The Muslims genocide in Darfur, to evict tribes living on oil, mineral rich areas, would rather have JWs.

3. Stalin's atheism was the fastest killing machine of Russian citizens, more efficient, very cruel, don't think JWs in Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania would compare to these crimes.

Let's be fair, if I were a Hutu or Tutsi, would I have wanted to be a Catholic?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit