Divorce and Separation-2/8/02 Awake!

by Mister Biggs 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LDH
    LDH

Well MR. BIGGS

It only took ya a week to post this article after I asked NICELY!

I'm just kidding, I appreciate the time you took. I don't even get the mags anymore, so whenever there's 'new light' I need to have the actual scanned article so that I can have the exact words to use with my family.

I would like to know on what basis they calculate 'spiritual endangerment.' Would they apply to the same standard to a Catholic woman whose husband is a non-believer and doesn't want her wasting her time in church? Or what? You and I both know this is code for "If your mate is not a JW and is giving you problems about being a JW you are free to leave him or her."

What a crock of shit.

Lisa

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Lady Lee,

Ah yes, so glad to be in Jehovah's org - the place of refreshing elders and spiritual paradise, where god takes care of his sheep ....

NOT!!!

So nice of "god's" org to require people to resort to these measures just to escape an abusive relationship. Ugg.

• somebody
    somebody

2/8/02 AWAKE!

Sexual infidelity by a mate is the only ground for a divorce that will allow the innocent mate to remarry.

NOT true. In the JW world, one can sin just to be scriptually free to remarry. of course, you DO have to sin first! and then, naturally, be handed to satan, let some time pass, plea in writing for forgiveness and waa laa! scriptually free!

The Flock Rule Book written by the society, to control elders...

Unit 5(c) part 3

A person who commits adultery after having been
    divorced by his or her mate on unscriptural grounds would
    be Scripturally free to remarry, since he or she had already
    been rejected by the mate that obtained the divorce.

The case of adultery would be dealt with by a judicial
    committee.

Unit 4(a) of the same society's rule book:

Jesus Christ controls all bodies of elders. At Revelation
    1:20 they are likened to seven stars upon his right hand.
    (re pp. 28-9)

that means that Jesus Christ says that you have to sin first to be scriptually free to remarry.

peace,
    somebody

• Justin
    Justin

I agree there's nothing new.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I was understood that you could divorce if you had a 'decent' reason, but you could not remarry or even date if you were not 'scripturally' free. It's possible you might not be eligible for privileges as well, but I've know MS and pioneers who were divorced but not 'scripturally' free.

But, like everything Watchtower, it depends on what WEEK it is...

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• Thomas Poole
    Thomas Poole

Note all the jacking-around this article provides.

It gives many ways out of marriage, almost encouraging divorce; then it says you are bound to lonelyness for the rest of your life.
    Where one person might not believe in the WT cult; often this spiel is used to separate families and ruin lives, and divorce is surreptitiously encouraged.

Further it allows no grounds for anyone to come to peace or to find forgiveness.

It lacks love and kindness for those that are hurting.

It has no depth and breath of empathy and gentle expressions of understanding for those involved.

It gives no hope afterwards, but rather a life of doom.

Any of you who have taken time to really scripturally study the idea of divorce will find that the tone and context of this WT article is twisted.

One can certainly detect the lack of Holy Spirit in this writing. To the extent that it is factual, it is heartless and mechanically quoted.
    Sensitive persons reading this might feel hopelessness and desperation, even to the point of suicide, rather than Christian guidance. This type article can kill.

IF YOU CAN READ BETWEEN THE LINES, YOU CAN SEE NO LOVE. THERE ARE MERELY COLD MECHANICAL EXPRESSIONS OF RULES
    These are not the expressions of the Holy Spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit