Would you rather....

by anezthy 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• anezthy
    anezthy

If Armageddon struck right now.... Would you rather be:

The only JW passenger on a transatlantic jet that now has no pilot and will be crashing into the ocean or,

The only JW person on a High Rise elevator that is now stalled on the 110th floor without any food, power, A/C or communication or,

The only JW "Open Heart" surgery patient who's doctor just dropped dead during surgery, or

The only JW Tenant trapped in a burning building during a fire rescue, or

The only JW driver on I95 (major highway for all who don't live in the US east coast) doing 90 MPH trying to avoid all of the driverless automobiles coming at you very fast...

Armageddon real needs to be very coordinated by God and his angels for all JW to make it safely into the new order of things.

Let's play "Would you rather"... this can be fun...

• JRK
    JRK

I would rather not dwell on any of those scenarios, since the "Big A" is never going to come.

JK

• nugget
    nugget

If there is no driver in the car then no one is pushing down on the accelerator. The motorway is less scary. However there is no proof that the big A is coming and no evidence that JWs would survive any cataclysmic event. I personally feel that if there is a god who wants to destroy the wicked my chances of survival greatly increased the moment I was disfellowshipped.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I think you got your scenario confused with some sort of reverse on Rapture scenarios. The Big A isn't a sudden removal of people or sudden death where their automobiles are still flying along out of control or their control of a plane is suddenly gone because they are dead. It's supposed to be sulphur from heaven and maybe the earth opening up here and there to kill them, but they see it coming.

I mean, if we are going to role play, then God is supposed to protect the ones that deserve undeserved kindness, so He will probably envelope each and every one of them in bubble wrap and give them parachutes and scuba gear and a fire extinguisher. That way, they are pretty much ready for anything.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think I would rather be in Satan's hands. At least Satan actually would give me real help, and Jehovah's filthy angels would be too busy trying to murder innocent people to ruin the demons' attempts to help. That is, or I would be dead at the hands of those filthy angels and not have to worry after that.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

rather morbid set of scenarios, how about "would you rather settle down into a peaceful retirement in a nice climate or would you not and just stay put where you are?"

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I don't know about any of those choices you offer, but it would be a bummer if you were a JW who was battling Cancer, let say, and died a week after entering into the New System because you hadn't grown perfect enough yet to be rid of the disease. Would you be resurrected later with all the rest of the resurrected ones? If so would you have to remain single for all eternity. What happens in the New System when a Coconut drops on your head in the new system. Would it hurt? Would it crack your skull or just bounce off? This wasn't covered in the Watchtower so they never knew what to say when I asked these questions as a kid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit