Memorial Bragging Rights: We Had a "Bethel Speaker"...Ooooooo..

by Open mind 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

Barbara, did Ciro ever explain the real reasons the Watchtower joined the UN? I believe the signature was Ciro's on the application.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

No, we didn't know Worth Thornton. The name is familiar, but...

Unless we worked with, ate with, or went to meetings with someone there, we'd rarely get to know them personally.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Great info Barb! Thanks!

• Joliette
    Joliette

Oh, I got a question, is Ciro deceased?

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

What you have just told us was profoundly moving Barbara, thank you for telling us.

I've never understood how CO's & their wives managed to live out of suitcases, sleep in someone else's bed week after week & SMILE SMILE SMILE.

It's not a life I would care to live.

If you feel you can I would love to hear more of your experiences as being able to live a life in 'Bethel' was just a fantasy to a little JW lad growing up in southern England.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Free trip, pocket money. Great deal for a starving couple and they credit the people who overwork them and underpay them for sending them out.
    OnTheWayOut

Nice and thoughtful comment :D

Scott77

• Scott77
    Scott77

And we never dreamed that people thought we were hypocrites! We, just like the average JW, just didn't know any better.
    AndersonsInfo

What a great sense of humility and grace! Joe and Barb, you are truely a true bethelites.

Scott77

• Scott77
    Scott77

marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit