Memorial Experiences

by MsGrowingGirl20 14 Replies latest jw friends

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

Hey, all who are or did attend the memorial..anything interesting happened? Have you ever heard of anything peculiar happening at the memorial?

One of my friends gave me an experience where 4 out of the five elders partook of the emblems....Daddy elder and his three son!!! He said they were all looking at him and following whatever he was doing...big uproar after.

Then last year an overly zealous pioneer whose elder husband gave the talk came early and took up all the seats in front for her studies...so when her studies would arrive she would get up in a huff during the talk,go collect them and march them up to the front of the hall to sit so everyone could see...on her last parade,she tripped on her modest gown and plunged face down unto the ground and skirt flew over her head!!!!!....yea EVERYONE in the left side got an eye full!!! The attendants helped her up and she sat down and continued finding the scriptures for her studies..the odd thing is --her husband giving the talk didn't even budge,pause or look concerned...the talk went on!

• flipper
    flipper

MS GROWING GIRL- It sounds like the JW people you mentioned in the experiences are all concerned about outward appearances, but aren't a lot of JW's mainly concerned about that ? I haven't been to a memorial in over 8 years, I prefer drinking wine at home for entertainment value . LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

me partaking in 2010

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    me partaking in 2010

...did you polish off the whole glass jookbeard..?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Nothing really nutty. Once a homeless person showed up and drank the entire glass.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the usual quick slurp and a nibble of the bland,stale bread.TBH I think the wine was alcohol free.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh it was real wine. The elders quickly huddled as to what they should do. One elder stated that it was a little late, it's not like they can take it back

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    TBH I think the wine was alcohol free.

So basically grape juice...? Then the whole 'ritual' wasn't in keeping with Christ's commandments, lol.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"the odd thing is --her husband giving the talk didn't even budge,pause or look concerned...the talk went on!"

That's the boy!...whatever happens, the show goes on and you just keep talking....I would bet that he was cracking up inside, though, like everybody else

As to the emblems, I doubt very much it was not the real mcoy, the instructions are so very strict about that . I had the task of getting it and the matzos one year. It was the genuine article but I made sure that it was a palatable red wine that went down very well with cheese on the biscuits at our place when we had a few friends back afterwards

Right now is Tuesday afternoon in the U K and I just know that all over the country there is an elder in every congo that has taken time off work to polish the talk, polish his shoes and do his damndest to get it right on the big occasion. There is none bigger in the J W calendar

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

One year, my mother invited my uncle's girlfriend to the Memorial. She had explained everything beforehand, right down to why they don't drink the Manischewitz and eat the crackers. She said she understood and agreed to go.

Well, when it came time for the passing of the emblems, she drank and ate lol. And it wasn't because she didn't "understand"... It was because she basically thought it was ridiculous to pass bread and wine around in honor of Christ and NOT partake. She basically had her own little protest of my mother's (and everyone else who was present) beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit