Easter, The Passion, Bunnies and Chocolate.

by LouBelle 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

The first most important thing is that we have a loooooooooong weekend to chill, take in the sunshine (cos it's going to be hot in durbs)

The second most important thing is Chocolate this year! I've already had chocolat cake, chocolate covered marshmellow eggs and chocolate :) All notions of healthy eating - outta the window.

I know there is a ton of stuff on christ's death and resurrection - what I will watch are probably the doccies that go more into the facts and details of that time period - DSTV (our SA Cable) usually shows a number of these shows, find them very fascinating.

So to the christians that celebrate their lords death and resurrection - Happy easter

To others that don't - have a wonderful long weekend, be safe and enjoy the chocolate

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It's more than just Jesus they are going to worship. Pagans used to worship Astaroth on what used to be called Ashtar. This was celebrated with eggs and rabbits, and was a fertility rite for the year ahead (both children and crops). It was held on the vernal equinox, with none of that rubbish about the first full moon after, or the Sunday after Nisan 14. And it was a festival that was to be enjoyed by all--long before Jesus ever came into vogue or was written about.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Back at ya!

I'm going to get a chocolate bunny and bite the ears off; I usually try to stay away from sugar, but it's just too damn tempting!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Pagans used to worship Astaroth on what used to be called Ashtar. This was celebrated with eggs and rabbits, and was a fertility rite for the year ahead (both children and crops).

You mean Ashteroth, aka as Athtart/Astarte/Ishtar? I think you are confusing this ANE goddess with the Germanic goddess Eostre/Ostara/*Austro. There was absolutely no connection between these deities. The supposition that there was derives only from the seeming similarity of the names, but in fact they have no etymological connection.

More here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/111057/1/ARE-EASTER-AND-ISHTAR-RELATED-POSSIBLY-NOT

• designs
    designs

How many Christians will nail a friend to a Cross on Friday to celebrate Jesus.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Leolaia: You did nice research. Yet we are not living in those times to be so certain that there is absolutely no connection.

NOLAW

• mP
    mP

Lets forget the Bible book of easter or is that Esther? I guess if theres a book called about the celebration involving bunnies and eggs then it must be okay to also celebrate.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Thank you, Lou, you're a sweetie pie of a girl.

• talesin
    talesin

To Chocolate!!!! I'm having dark swiss with almonds myself, and a shot of gin on the side.

tx, LouBelle. Have a great w/end yourself, and may the Force be with you.

xo

tal

• FlyingHighNow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit