Has anyone heard of JJ Luna?

by biometrics 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• biometrics
    biometrics

When I was younger (20s) I remember hearing an experience at a district assembly about a best-selling author who, in his book, wholeheartedly recommended employing Jehovah's Witnesses because they were honest, good workers ... etc. It seems like he couldn't recommend JW's enough. The speaker went on to read a page or two from the book, and stated it was a glowing recommendation from a 'worldly' author who regarded JW's very highly.

That book was "How to Be Invisible". You can buy it on Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/How-Be-Invisible-Step-By-Step-Protecting/dp/0312252501

I forgot all about that talk, till last year when I purchased that book. After reading that book, and contacting the author(Jack?) via his website: www.howtobeinvisible.com. I discovered that he is in fact a Jehovah's Witness, and has been for many years. So in fact he was never a 'wordly' author.

The book also recommends various forms of lying and deceit to hide your identity. And comes with an early Watchtower definition of a lie in the preface:- "saying something false to a person who is entitled to know the truth and doing so with the intent to deceive or to injure him or another person" Which is apparently from (Franz, Vol. 2, 1988:244).

Anyone else read this book, or know of Jack?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

really, well maybe he should have visited my company in the 90's.

• biometrics
    biometrics

What happened in your company in the 90s? Were you employing JWs?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

How funny. I read the book a few years ago, not knowing he was a JW. His advice isn't very practical, mostly he recommends setting up LLCs, one after another, in different states, so people can't track down the owner very easily. And, how convenient!, he can help you set up the LLCs, for a fee of course.

• oppostate
    oppostate

I would have never, ever guessed he was one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I've got his book on my Kindle, and it sure didn't sound like a bro to me.

More like a savvy, anti-gov't-snooping-on-you, kind of person than a JW.

But, hey, there's also Prince, and Serena & Venus, and the Jacksons, and

I would have never thought any of them to be JWs either.

• biometrics
    biometrics

In his book he claims to be the foremost privacy expert, and that it would be near impossible to track him down. I say it would be easy with his photo, and a list of Kingdom Halls in his approximate area.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Frauds are nothing new to any religion, conmen find their ways to sell their books, services and fleece the sheep. A group of wicked JWs in San Fransisco, San Diego and throughout Orange County, were teaching the Dummies with money, that "Income Tax Is Illegal", bilking each knuckle head, out of $3500-$10,000 for their services (Brotherly Love Rate), what reproach was brought upon these honest men. Ponzi Schemes swiped the life savings of no small group, of elders, COs and other top brass. This took place in the 1993-1997 range, the brother was in the Bay Area. Cleaning out the life-savings of the elders and COs, how could JWs succumb to greed?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

After reading that book, and contacting the author(Jack?) via his website: www.howtobeinvisible.com. I discovered that he is in fact a Jehovah's Witness, and has been for many years. So in fact he was never a 'wordly' author.

You gotta be kidding me! A JW? Was he definitely a JW when he wrote the book (published in 2000)? He doesn't sound like a JW in the book.

w03 2/1 p. 6 How to Cultivate a Balanced View of Work

"IN CONSTANT DEMAND"

"Whatever you are doing, work at it whole-souled as to Jehovah, and not to men," says the Bible. (Colossians 3:23) Obviously, one whose work ethic is governed by this fine principle would be a sought-after employee. For that reason, J. J. Luna, in his book How to Be Invisible, advises potential employers to search out active members of certain religious groups, but he adds: "In actual practice we usually end up with [Jehovah's] Witnesses." Among the reasons he gives is that they are well-known for their honesty, and that puts them "in constant demand" in various fields.

• AnnOMaly
  • Bella15
    Bella15

"in constant demand" in various fields"

What a JOKE!!! Does he mention what fields? LOL!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit