I Pads at Meetings

by seenitall 23 Replies latest jw friends

• mP
    mP

it will be funny when the majority are all watching, playing something other than concentrating on the talk etc. one day half the audience will forget to get up because they are too busy w/ their tablets. one day no one will answer the w! because no one is listening. one day everyone will have headphones and will be somewhere else. the problem is one day is not that far away, it will happen soon.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

There is a letter to the BOE about Elders using Iphones. This is meant to not frustrate the poorer members who can't afford to get them.

Elders are told to use them under their radar.

I attended a KH that had the Elders School going on. On the outside door, it said "No Cell Phones",

They now have technology that lets them know if your cell phone is on, They use them at testing centres at schools and universities to catch cheaters.

• mP
    mP

it will be funny when the kh are requires to buy cell phohe jammers to block internet axs duringn meetings.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

The only letter I know of regarding this is that Elders were specifically discouraged from using iPads/Tablets from the platform for mainly these two reasons:

1. It could be viewed as a showy display of one's means of life.

2. It could cause unnecessary distraction if there is mechanical failure.

• steve2
    steve2

Just make sure you don't stumble other poor darlings in the hall who may not be able to afford ipads. A lament echoed to the empty heavens recently: "I scrub fkg windows all day and all I can aford is this unlined jotter pad". This is one organized religion where envy and resentment often clasp hands in the rigid name of Christian unity and love.

• Caedes
    Caedes

You could play plants vs zombies, that seems quite appropriate. After all JWs like removing people's brains!

http://www.popcap.com/games/plants-vs-zombies/pc?s_kwcid=TC|4220|plants%20vs.%20zombies||S|b|8641680524

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly
    The only letter I know of regarding this is that Elders were specifically discouraged from using iPads/Tablets from the platform for mainly these two reasons:
    1. It could be viewed as a showy display of one's means of life.
    2. It could cause unnecessary distraction if there is mechanical failure.

That is true. While I do not have a letter on hand my husband mentioned it to me referring to a letter that they were strictly forbidden to use iPads/electronic devices from the platform for reasons DPL stated.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Yeah they are right. iPads ok in the audience but not from the stage. I use mine every meeting for every part. I prepare diligently(underline the whole paragraph cuz that makes me more righteous) and still had a few old hags complain to the body that I "play" on my iPad during meeting. Thing is I NEVER, not once played. I follow along, with bated breath, to every nugget of "truth". Haters gonna hate.

• moshe
    moshe

Maybe the GB will come out with an iPad-android app to use in the door to door work- with a flashy video showing the householder how bad the world is and how they, too, can play with the lions and tigers in the new system of things that is coming any day now. - And that Ipad app would keep track of their real hours of field service and actual contacts/studies with householders- no more fudging the numbers. The gps would even tell them how much time they spent at Hortons on their coffee and donut breaks.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Moshe, you are a genius. Add a spyware app to your idea and the society will jump on board!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit