Matrix moment - what was it and when did you share it?

by MMXIV 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• craigulous
    craigulous

I realized how much good TV I was missing while I was at meeting, lol. Actually my previous post on the subject is the real reason, but in reality when I started stay home from meeting I really did realize how much normal life I was missing.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

I was beginning to feel a bit annoyed with things like the ministry, but especially the carrot dangling from the elders regarding my being recommended as an elder.

At this time, when I was trying to figure out what was wrong, but just couldn't put my finger on it, I kept having elders telling me crazy reasons as to why certain brothers weren't recommended as elders/MS.

Now, I had no reason not trust what any of these men told me. That caused the light bulb to finally light up in my head. If brothers didn't qualify for the silly reasons I was told, where the hillbilly was the holy spirit in all this?! That pushed me to research the subject online.

It didn't take long after that, along with some therapy, for the walls to come down.

I'm thankful for that "moment".

CoC

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Craigulous! Exactly! I am a wrestling WWE fanatic...So whenever the C.O. was in town for another congregation that went to our hall they always moved our meeting to Monday night. I am sorry but that night is Monday Night RAW baby! I told Dad that I was staying home to watch it and he would too. Just wish I couldĀ“da got him out before he died.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

For me, NOT a matrix moment. It's been SLOW. Denial. Did not WANT to accept what I was seeing and reading and discovering. The Truth was EVERYTHING in my life. My life revolved around meetings, service, assemblies, conventions, speaking parts, etc etc. I belived most of it was good and that it just needed some minor changes -- corrections. But the more I researched, the more disappointed I was.

And like many here, I am trapped. Parents, in-laws, children, siblings, most all of my family and friends are IN. Just by becoming "less active" many friendships have dried up to become just acquaintances "in the Truth". I see the striking difference when I visit JW friends out of town who assume nothing has changed. They are the same vivacious, bubbly friends. But, many local JW friends are distant, even suspicious. No longer an elder, not seen in service, missing a lot of meetings?????? They are constantly warned about bad influences...........even IN the congregation/organization. YES! They have been warned about ME, without any name even mentioned.

Instead of running to assist the weak, depressed souls, they are running away from the lepers.

Just my thoughts.

Doc

• craigulous
    craigulous

Botzwana, that is very funny! I am not a wrestling fan myself, but I can easily relate being attracted to something more entertaining than the mind numbing meetings. The only thing that kept it tolerable for me was that I did the mic's and timed the talks, so that kept entertained. Ringing that bell if your talk was overtime gave me tremendous POWER. I could get self important pompous asses who always went overtime to shut up!

• Fernando
    Fernando

When the ruling religious clergy class aka Pharisees denied IMPUTED righteousness, a core element of the "good news" especially according to Paul.

Exited a few days later and immediately after the Sanhedrin (Governing Body) confirmed the Pharisees' position that a righteous standing with God is not IMPUTED but rather earned, deserved or paid for by pursuing supremacist self-righteousness by means of following the supposedly "right" rules, morals, doctrines and knowledge.

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

There wasn't one moment for me for when it all came crashing down. I was born in and from as early as I could remember some little thing here and there would not make sense. I would ask about it, recieve what was almost always an unsatifying answer but, being principled and basically a good kid, I would table the doubt and wait for Jehovah to supply understanding. Over the years that became more and more difficult to do and for me the tipping point was after the birth of my daughter, our first child. I just could not teach my child something was true that I could not really convince myself was. I wasn't ever a really zealous beliver but I was loyal until I couldn't stand it anymore. I stopped the meetings and had been irregular in FS for some time anyway and stopped that alltogether as well.

I remained inactive and went to meetings only when my wife demanded for the next 10 years. I wanted to respect her right to believe as she choose but it was becoming difficult to tolerate being around what felt like a huge sham. At that point we were close to divorce and I faced a shrinking window of opportunity to do anything to keep my kids from suffering thru a life in the religion. I finally made myself start to read "apostate" material in a effort to try and find some solid evidence to show my wife. I was both suprised to find so much easy to understand material and very ashamed to have waited so long out of fear. So I played the role of Morpheous and offered my wife the opportunity to learn what I had seen and why I couldn't even continue to the meetings with her any longer.

She took the red pill, saw how far down the rabbit hole went, and had a very bad few days as she digested the real truth..... 2 years later we continue to heal and grow and are grateful that our children will not be trapped as we were. The real kicker for her and the one that shocked her the most, at least initially, the NGO association with the UN. For a 5th generation born in that was an incredibly unsettling thing to find out. After that the pedofile coverup and general doctrinal stupidity have done the rest.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

2007, Beards.... Can't hav'em but we can't prove it scripturally...

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

When I stumbled on the JWFacts website. I was raised in the org so by this time I had believed for a little over 30 years. I couldn't believe how stupid and blind I was. As I grew older I never noticed changes in teachings. Mum had spoken to me about her experiences leading up to 1975 but nothing ever clicked. But being able to see their changes in teachings through the years in black and white made me realise they held no truth. I realised how little attention you really pay when you have been brainwashed since birth.

The first thing I read was regarding their flipping stances on organ transplants and then the house of cards came tumbling down instantly. My sister was in her room and I immediately started telling her the things I was finding out. She just shrugged it off at first, even though she no longer went to meetings, but within 1 hour I came across the UN thing and that was her moment. Once she heard about that, any belief she had in the org went out the window.

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit