Are Jehovah's Witnesses A Cult? A WT Apologist Says No

by Bangalore 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cheerios
    cheerios

well i havent been in da troof for a long time, but since when did they say that just saying no is okay? i remember the reasoning book with its conversation stoppers sections ... if a householder says: ...

/rolleyes

• wasblind
    wasblind

You hit the nail on the head cheerios,

CONVERSATION STOPPERS

" I'M NOT INTERESTED "

" May I ask, Do you mean that you are not interested....? "

" If you mean that you are not interested..."

" Is that because you already have a religion ? "

" I can appreciate that. A few years ago I felt the same way. "

" Would you be interested if I could show you from the bible... ? "

" If you mean that you are not interested....."

" Is that your usual reply when Jehovah's Witnesses call ?

______ Reasoning of the Scriptures book page 16

That apologist is not familiar wit' his own religion, They are incouraged by the WTS not to take no for an answer

For those in doubt, look it up for yourselves, I couldn't make this mess up even if I added

" Once upon a time "

• wasblind
    wasblind

Not even the early bird can catch up with the stupidity of the WTS

Do they need a clue, a lifeline ? This apologist proves that the 1.5

billions hours of time and gas they spend in the preachin' work

is for showmanship only. At the expense of the sheep

Why are people not answering their doors ? Cause there's a mouse in the house

"CLICK "

Yes, the WTS play stupid like a scratched record

• mP
    mP

all xian religions are a cult, just ask the parent religion judaism.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The definitive answer.

*** rsp.202Jehovah’sWitnesses***

Are Jehovah’sWitnessesasectoracult?

Some define sect to mean a group that has broken away from an established religion. Others apply the term to a group that follows a particular human leader or teacher. The term is usually used in a derogatory way. Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an offshoot of some church but include persons from all walks of life and from many religious backgrounds. They do not look to any human, but rather to Jesus Christ, as their leader.

A cult is a religion that is said to be unorthodox or that emphasizes devotion according to prescribed ritual. Many cults follow a living human leader, and often their adherents live in groups apart from the rest of society. The standard for what is orthodox, however, should be God’s Word, and Jehovah’s Witnesses strictly adhere to the Bible. Their worship is a way of life, not a ritual devotion. They neither follow a human nor isolate themselves from the rest of society. They live and work in the midst of other people.

There you are, you have your answer.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

And Hmmmm.

*** w037/15p.22ThinkStraight—ActWisely***

Look Outfor“theTrickeryofMen”

The apostle Paul also warned against “the trickery of men.” (Ephesians 4:14) He encountered “deceitful workers” who pretended to present the truth but who actually distorted it. (2 Corinthians 11:12-15) To attain their objectives, such men may resort to a selective use of evidence, emotionally loaded language, misleading half-truths, devious innuendo, and even outright lies.

Who fits this bill?

• James Penton
    James Penton

I do not like to use the term cult for Jehovah's Witnesses or anyone else unless it is used in an older, sociological sense which does not carry any negative conotations. Neither do I like the term "brainwash" because it is a rather meaningless term taken from the Korean War period. That being said, I find much to censure in the teachings and actions of Jehovah's Witnesses in the same way that I find much wrong about many other religions, and I say this as a believing Christian. First of all, many of the nasty actions of the Witnesses such as shunning are and have been practiced by many other religions. For many years - actually centuries - Catholics and main-line Protestants went beyond shunning; they burned people at the stake. Second, various Anabaptist groups and Orthodox Jews practiced shunning and some still do. Yet that is not the crux of the matter. The post just above claimed Jehovah's Witnesses follow the Bible. To that I would say nonesense. Where in the Bible does it say Nebuchadnezzar pictured the gentile times during his seven years of madness? It doesn't. Where in the Bible is the year 1914 mentioned? It isn't? Where in the Bible does it say birthdays are morally wrong? It doesn't. Where in the Bible is the faithful and discreet slave mentioned as a class? He isn't. Where in the Bible does it say Christ came invisbly in 1874 or 1914? It doesn't. Where in the Bible does it say that there must be a Governing Body to determine truth for the houshold of faith? It doesn't, and even Fred Franz didn't think there was such a thing. Where in the Bible does it say all Christians must preach from house to house? Perhaps Paul did but other Christians have not been required to do so. Then where in the Bible does it say the Holy Spirit was no longer present after 1918 when Christ came to his temple? Judge Rutherford taught that, but it isn't in the Bible. And finally, if Jehovah's Witnesses teach the Bible, why have they been so wrong about all the dates they have set including 1874, 1878, 1881, 1914/15, 1917, 1918, 1920, 1925, and 1975? The problem with the ordinary JW is that he/she doesn't know the historyof the movement and uses the false argument about progressive revelation under the Society's interpretation of Proverbs 4:18. But the Witnesses don't know how many times the Society has used a dimmer switch. Think of the many times the Watchtower Society has said that the people of Sodom would have a resurrection and how many times it has said they won't. Think of how organ transplants were a miracle of medicine, then became cannibalism, and then were okay again. See how the organization changed its tune on the higher powers/superior authorities in 1929 and back again to its former stance in the early 1960s. The organization's doctries and forms of exegesis are a grab bag from the Midde Ages and from early Englsih and Scottish Protestantism as taught by the Puritans who were just as judgmental as are the Witnesses.

• moshe
    moshe

Whatever title, good or bad, you give to JWs they are what they are= a sorry ass excuse for a religion. They are social parasites who suck all the material benefits they can from society and give/volunteer almost nothing back to their community. Example--Need blood fractions?- JWs get them from blood donated by all their neighbors, but wouldn't think of donating blood to replace what they have used.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit