Thought on the new 16 page Watchtower

by Paralipomenon 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Dear Brothers,

Wecome to the first issue of the smaller version of the Watchtower. In this current digital age, more people are turning less to the printed page and more to online sources for their reading material. This new format will enable us to reach more people and point to the vast wealth of knowledge that is stored from previous articles on www.watchtower.org.

While we know that faithful witnesses eagerly await the annual statistics to see the progress Jehovah's work is making in each country, with the smaller size we have had to reduce this detailed report to a overall summary of world wide growth. Note the positive growth! Isn't this much better than us highlighting how in the US and many similar countries with internet access our numbers have slipped into decline?

Now you can still feel like you made the right choice since we are still growing.

Sincerely,

Bethel Overlords

PS. All the growth has been in third world countries, we need you to step up the donations to make up for them. We have infrastructure to support here!

• TOTH
    TOTH

LOL

Now I have to add newspaper to my cage liners....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Let's step DOWN the donations. If they want to go to Nigeria, let them pay their own way.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The statistics have already been removed from the Jan 1st Watchtower. Only printed in the Yearbook now.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
  • ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

Have the numbers in the US decreased? I havent checked in a long time.

• seenitall
    seenitall

16 pages - just like the original ones from 1879! We are going back to our roots with no waste!

The cost of ink and paper are too much to bear, and nobody reads the stuff anyway.

Since subscriptions stopped, the regular jw doesn't even read the rags, all they do is scan through them (at best). Why do you think that once a month on the service meeting they have to review the magazines. The looks on some of the faces during the part about some of the articles show that the mags contents are all brand new to them.

Now that they have approved use of ipads at the meetings, everyone will be using digital means to "look / study / read" the stuff.

Aren't we blessed? Jeh knows just what we need and is using the latest technology! I want to barf!

16 pages - use big pictures, large print, dumb it down and presto - comic book for JWs!

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

approved use of iPads? WTF - what have I missed? Sitting at the back with a privacy screen could allow for JWN access without anyone noticing - ahhhh how times have changed!!!!

mmxiv

• seenitall
    seenitall

A BOE letter was sent that gave approval of Ipads and other electronic devices at the meetings for elders. I couldn't believe it!

• mP
    mP

maybe someone will make abailable sound byte grabs for the questions that match another reading of the material. with those together one ipad can read, ask q and have another replybwx answers. brilliant ipad jws!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit