Top Secret JW Letter, April 2, 2012

by graysome67 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

This method also lessens the paper trail of printed literature, creating a system where they can revise at will (when the new light hits them), giving them cover when someone tries to call them on "changes".

• blondie
    blondie

I remember how the WTS badmouthed videotapes when they first came out....now the WTS has used that technology and beyond.....

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I had an elder tell me I should read scriptures from my bible because you can't get Holy Spirit through a computer.

I wonder if the HS has found a way of coming through the phone line now.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

the WT was very for usage of the computer at Bethel. So-so about it for the publishers. The internet was a whole different animal that bit them right in the ass

• undercover
    undercover

I had an elder tell me I should read scriptures from my bible because you can't get Holy Spirit through a computer.

But you can catch stupid from stupid people. So be careful around anyone infected.

Seriously... how many times does a dumbass elder say something stupid like that, and the next thing you know the true believers are going around spouting his stupid idea as gospel?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Mid-80s to now? More like 30 years... You lost a decade along the way. Must've been one hell of a party...

Well it was approximately 1987 or so, 24 years big fu..ken deal.

The point is the WTS. can be very hypocritical to their professed doctrines, particularly when comes to distributing their own published works.

By the way in 1987 the inter-net had not taken off yet.

I guess they thought Satan was probably behind computers then, because of noting that bible scripture.

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

Soon we will they will be instructed to FOLLOW US ON TWITTER so that they can all be informed THE EXACT MOMENT the great tribulation begins! WHAT AN AWESOME PRIVLEDGE WE CAN USE TECHNOLOGY TO SAVE CHRISTIAN LIVES!!!

**gag**

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It definitely was the mid '80s when the society was publishing anti-computer rhetoric.

I was baptized in '84 and wouldn't know what they published on the subject prior to '82 at the earliest.

I distinctly remember thinking at the time how stupid and short-sighted that policy was. Looking back, I can't believe I stayed in for another 20 years of WT idiocracy!

• undercover
    undercover

I remember how the WTS badmouthed videotapes when they first came out....now the WTS has used that technology and beyond.....

Back during Rutherford's day and for awhile afterwards, the WTS embraced technology...and were on the forefront of utilizing it. The radio network, the Photodrama of Creation, the phonograph.

If Rutherford, or anyone who saw the power of technology were running things now, the WTS would have embraced the Internet, Facebook and Twitter as a means to further their message. Instead, somewhere along the time of Knorr or shortly after, they stuck their head in the sand and tried to freeze time. Oh, they use technology still, but usually as a result of shifting methods as established by everyone else in the industry, and not because they want to... they have to.

Well it was approximately 1987 or so, 24 years big fu..ken deal.

heh heh just yankin yer chain. Your point is valid. The WTS can be very hypocritical in how they have used technology vs how they counsel their followers to avoid it if possible.

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

It will paint an appealing picture picture of our preaching work etc: I'm sure it will, not so sure though re exchange of ideas. Will we be able to post on there? NOPE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit