DanielHaase

Cure cancer.

• logical
    logical
    How many fingers am i holding up

12?

• logical
    logical

The Force is with you MEtatron, but youare not a Jedi yet.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    there are many things we as humans don't understand. Let people scoff, but there will always be subject lacking explanation, and there will always be people trying to conjure the explanation up. For God's sakes, if you don't understand something, just let it go!

Fortunately not everyone thinks like you, or we'd still be cave-dwelling savages.

--
    "Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn't there. Theologians can persuade themselves of anything." -Robert A. Heinlein

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Define 'Real'.

What I mean is that there are plenty of people who will swear blind to the presence of such powers (psychokinetics and other 'metapsychic' abilities), and who obviously genuinely believe, whether through being fooled by charlatans, being a charlatan themselves, mis-diagnosing normal physical effects or synchronous phenomena as being caused by 'metapsychic' abilities, or experiencing genuine phenomena not describable by normal physics.

They think it is real.

However, no one has approached the 'chuck a billard ball of a roof and determine the value of g' repeatability that is so beloved of scientists (for good reason).

Because of this, a scientist has a hard time accepting such things as real, Soviet era films of supposed psychics (apparently with severe constipation by the looks on their faces) making bulbs flicker on and moving small objects notwithstanding.

However, some shit we can't effectively measure or explain does go on, or at least seems to go on. Combat troops' intuition, Edinburgh University studies on remote sending that achieve double the hit rate possible according to chance, decades-long government-sponsored remote viewing projects on both sides of the Iron Curtain and hosts of anecdotal accounts are hard to ignore.

But there is no generally accepted scientific proof of metapsychic ability, even if it IS real.

Weird eh?

I saw a program about the remote sensing projects run by the CIA and the eye-witness testimony was quite remarkable, but sadly in the province of the anecdotal. Some of these remote sensing abilities showed ability to execise precognition; knowing stuff before it happens. When questioned why they hadn't hit the stock market, the guy they were interviewing said he thought that the mental quietitude (not his words, a paraphrase) required to remote sense meant that such things were not important to those that could use them.

Now, on one level I think 'Ah, that makes sense'. On another level I say BULLSHIT CHARLATAN!

I find it hard to believe IF such powers exist that all people with these abilities are good guys.

he bad guys could be hugely powerful. The fact there are no known metaphychic super criminals doesn't mean that there aren't any, but it means that they have to run perfect operations, which is impossible even for metaphychics if they exist. Either that or there is a conspiracy.

At this point it all gets to what if to be that interested in, but I will continue trying to make traffic signals change as I drive towards them...

• metatron
    metatron

I tried using a light source to cause movement - like a
    black pinwheel in an evacuated globe - no go! Not a bit!

Yes, this resembles electrostatics - but not exactly.
    Ordinarily, it is possible to discharge oneself after
    gathering a charge simply by touching any metal object
    (it doesn't have to be precisely grounded) - I can make it
    move while grasping large metal objects with the same hand
    or other hand.

Furthermore, last night I got it to move from three feet away
    with no hand motion.

I would add some anecdotal comments from technicians who
    remark that sometimes their state of mind seems to influence
    computer circuits. People I work with have made remarks like this
    about me ("it only works when you're here!")

again try this stuff with an open mind - I've noted , in reading
    accounts of 'debunked' psychics, that often the explanations
    aren't credible - and are little more than wild speculation.
    The guy who wrote Mind Over Matter is trained in professional
    magic and deception - but thinks some ESP is real.

metatron

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

metatron,

Go to http://www.randi.org/research/index.html

If you're right, you could be rich soon!

--
    "Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn't there. Theologians can persuade themselves of anything." -Robert A. Heinlein

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Metatron you can have fun playing around but please give me a call when you manage to throw bricks across the room using your mental powers, as I wanna take you with me to Watchtower headquarters then and trash the place...better yet...you think you would have any luck at being a firestarter? hehe

I did psychic research back in college and found out the evidence was pretty dismal for anything real. A lot of good parapsychology researchers have been really dissappointed that over the years they haven't come up with anything credible and repeatable.

I made and played with some of those psychic motors much as you describe and learned later that the effects could have a lot of other explantions that had nothing to do with any psychic effects. Who knows, maybe out of the millions of people who think they have powers you might be the first one, but then maybe you will be one of the millions who just got caught up in the excitement of their investigation.

Personally I think you would have much more fun playing with thermite or making an infrasonic disruptor and cause stop signs to wobble back and forth to freak people out, but then different strokes for different folks!

Skipper

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Tinkerbell is real....I tell you she is!!!

and she can bench over 400 lbs too....she can!!! she can!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit