55 REASONS JWS WILL NEVER BE REFORMED--Frank Toth

by blondie 28 Replies latest jw friends

• vanyell
    vanyell

I would that they (JWs/Bible Students) did start out to look for the truth. But then they failed to exercise their free will, choosing instead to blindly follow someone who says they have the sole Truth. In fact, it is the tendency of human nature to follow the easy path. The easy path of leaving the thinking to others, and just follow what is being said without any critical thinking.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The odd thing is that with the exception of the Ray Franz (new Elder arrangement) era - they have NEVER made an attempt at reform. And the Ray Franz attempt was brutally crushed.

Almost all further change since the 1980s has been anti-reform - with the possible exceptions of the 7,000 year creative days, CO status in relation to the selective service, and "blood fractions".

But note that none of those three was actually presented as a reform - it was either phased in without fanfare, or presented piece by piece so that nobody would notice a big change.

Note also that I do not class the "overlapping generations" explanation as reform. That is just plain insanity to get out of a false prophecy.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
  • wannaexit
    wannaexit

Thanks Blondie and thanks neighbor friend Frank

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi,

When I posted this list on another forum, a JW responded as follows:

174898.232 in reply to 174898.229

Hi Vander

I found Mr. Toth's list quite interesting and not very accurate.

For example #55

>>Blatantly lying to the public by declaring to news media that members may leave the organization at any time, of their own free will and without any repercussions from the organization.<<

I left the organization for over 10 years with absolutely no repercussions. I received periodic visits from elders to encourage me, nothing more.

And I personally know of others who have done the same. No repercussions.

Many of us have and are returning because there really is nothing else out there.

Satan really has nothing of value to offer

-Mr. Pennyone

Any comments

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I left the organization for over 10 years with absolutely no repercussions.

Did you ever put a Christmas tree in your window, associate with another church or move in with that cute blonde down the street?

George

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Any comments?

Yes. It is taught at meetings that "bad associations spoil useful habits" means if you don't keep yourself without spot from the world your standing with Jehovah will suffer. Whenever someone leaves the org they become "the world". So loyal JWs will not associate with anyone who has left by order of the Governing Body because it is they who teach that someone leaving them is leaving Jehovah, therefore becomes a traitor of truth and not to be associated with.

I have lost my friends. I am happy to say that I have no family members that were JWs.

To be losing friends (and family) because of a lie and misplaced loyalties is what I call a repercussion.

I have three close friends that I have not heard from. One does not see me anymore just because I said "I don't go to meetings anymore".

Someone who says there are no repercussions from leaving are not caring much about friendships in my opinion.

• blondie
    blondie

http://formerjw.homestead.com/

I (Frank Toth) went from house-to-house for the Watchtower Society for 50 years. As I did, I became acquainted with many good and sincere people who were not Jehovah's Witnesses but who showed a love for God and neighbour. They claimed to be and I now view them as Christians to the best of their knowledge and ability. I believe they will be rewarded for their faith in God and Jesus, though they never have read or never will read The Watchtower. In other words, I no longer believe that a person must be one of Jehovah's Witnesses in order to receive salvation to everlasting life. Jesus said, "EVERYONE believing in him may have everlasting life." He said nothing about membership in or faithful service within any organization. -- John 3:15, 16.

I do not believe that God's holy spirit is operating upon the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. Instead, my study of the Society's publications has revealed that there is a spiritistic foundation to the teachings of Charles Taze Russell, and his writings continue to this day to influence the direction in which the Governing Body is taking the organization...(continued)

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

BUMP

I was gonna (re) post this masterpiece and good thing I checked Simon's handy search and saw it was 17 days ago.

• the_raisin
    the_raisin

Awesome list! Definitely going to read them to my husband and brother!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit