ex Bethelites: Chuck Lebensperger?

by Unlearn 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Yes it was a JW company til Dallas Wallace, the founder sold it. He is now deceased.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

right back atcha, IAMALLCOOL.

• blondie
    blondie

I notice that he was specially thanked by the Knocing group

Production Special Thanks
    Wyman Chang
    Richard Chu
    Jodi Clagg
    Helen Cohen and Mark Lipman
    Anderson Cooper
    George Crile
    Jeff Crerie
    Justin Davis
    Qris Fry and Chris Weipert
    Klara Grunning-Harris
    Debby Hoffman
    Lionel (Tsung-Yun) Hsu
    David Lewis
    Charles Leibensperger

http://www.knocking.org/Credits.html

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1908&dat=19820924&id=dJcfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=StQEAAAAIBAJ&pg=2770,6909734

Can jw families build snowmen? Would non-jws think they are celebrating Christmas?

***g90 4/22 p.23***

My daughter, Bethel, was a gift from God rather late in life. We had a kind of storybook relationship. From the time Bethel was an infant, we did everything together. We crouched in fields to study Jehovah God’s artistic flair as we looked at the wildflowers. We made snowmen.Charles Leibensperger

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

Jonathon used to study with me!!!!

• pbrow
    pbrow

thanks lamacool

pbrow

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I seem to recall that Chuck had been in bethel and the circuit work until the kids came along. Then he made a wad of cash off Mighty.

I knew him when he was a commuter in charge of construction personnel at Patterson. One of my irritations was that bethel had certain rules, such as the areas around the construction office were for society/construction vehicles... except for Chuck. And so Chuck would drive either his Mercedes or BMW and park it in the front corner of the lot. This would be right alongside where all kinds of trucks, heavy equipment, semis, forklifts, and other vehicles travelled. Rather irritating that we would have to be extra careful because somebody had to park their flashy, expensive car in such a risky location.

In the construction office, mostly it was cheap "almost used to death" society furniture. In Chuck's office, he brought in an expensive personal desk, office chair, and other equipment. One time I was in his office, I noticed that he had magazines like Inc. and Money laying around. After construction wound down at Patterson, he was with Planned Giving as a commuter. Then he was no longer a commuter, but still very connected.

Chuck certainly had a "superior" air about him. I almost think that if he didn't have money, he might have become a partaker to get ahead in the organization.

I knew Jon when he was a bethelite at Wallkill. Didn't know him that well, but we knew people in common. I keep wondering if he or some of those people might show up here on the forum someday. The daughter, Bethel, had a brain tumor when she was young. I think there was an article a long time ago in one of the magazines about them. She married Bob Roddish, from the Michigan network of JW bethelites. They had at least one kid that was used in lots of society pictures.

I often wondered, in the ranks of the society's monied followers that were around Patterson, if the Grozescus had more money than Liebenspergers. Chuck certainly tended to act more like "new money".

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I knew his son well Johnathan was in my hall for years, and I met the daughter Bethel... cuz they had to leave Bethel when they got pregnant

• Chip
    Chip

I was at WTF with his son Jonathan. Great guy and handsome as hell!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit