Who has had this year's invitation personally delivered by elders?

by biometrics 13 Replies latest jw friends

• biometrics
    biometrics

Had two elders personally visit me today to deliver the rejection of christ memorial invitation. They were hanging around the front gate for a while because our dog (labrador) woudn't let them in.

My wife let them in the yard / house. When they asked if I'd be going I smiled and said "Thank you for the invitation", then quickly changed the subject. Does that count as an acceptance?

• TOTH
    TOTH

In THERE eyes it most certainly does. It counts as an accepted invitation just as their time counted to put on their timeslips.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea! You're saved!

• factfinder
    factfinder

Somebody dropped off the March issues and Memorial invite while I was out. I do not know who it was but its the first time in years anyone from my (former) cong brought by a memorial invitation for me.

Of course I am not going.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

No JW's know me here... And they aren't allowed in my apartment complex. I've been completely at peace for a nice stretch!

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

I received an invite. The tract was folded and laying by the on the ground where it should be.

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

The elders send me a txt message every 6-8 months asking if I want a visit from them. I respond with "no thanks, I'm good".

They stopped inviting me to CO visits and assemblies, so I was not surprised to be ignored for the memorial. Out of sight out of mind I guess.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

no invitation

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

No invitation here either.

Actually, no visits or calls at all since I asked them to explain why Jesus isn't my mediator. Hmmm....

• blondie
    blondie

*** w03 3/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Can anything be done if an infirm anointed Christian finds it impossible to attend the congregation’s commemoration of the Lord’s Evening Meal?

Yes. Something can and should be done out of consideration for an anointed Christian who is infirm and perhaps bedridden and therefore unable to be present when the congregation observes the Memorial of Christ’s death. In such a case, the body of elders can arrange for an elder or other mature Christian male to take portions of the emblematic bread and wine to that fellow believer on the same night before sunrise.

Depending on the circumstances, the visiting elder or other brother could make brief comments and read appropriate scriptures. He can follow the pattern established by Jesus when He instituted the Lord’s Evening Meal. For instance, Matthew 26:26 might be read and the unleavened bread presented after a prayer. Next, the visiting brother could read Matthew chapter 26, verses 27 and 28, with the wine then being presented after another prayer. Brief comments could be made on the significance of each emblem, and a closing prayer would be appropriate.

Of course, every reasonable effort should be made to be present for the congregation’s observance of the Lord’s Evening Meal. But what may be done in an extreme situation involving an anointed Christian who is gravely ill, hospitalized, or otherwise prevented from observing the Memorial after sundown on Nisan 14? Such an anointed one can avail himself of a precedent in the Mosaic Law and commemorate it privately 30 days later.—Numbers 9:9-14.

---------------------

No flyer for us, neither in the door or by person....5 days left. I remember jws speculating that it would be appropriate for the "end" to come during the memorial when all of "jehovah's people" would be gathered. They forgot the staggered global time zones and that the times to meet would have to be staggered for all to be there at the same time. Plus it did not considered the aged and sick who could ot be there.

How is it that the WTS applies a rule for natural Jews to anointed jws when there is no record that first century Christians did so?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit