Animosity Toward Inactive Ones

by EmptyInside 23 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I don't understand why many Witnesses are cold toward inactive ones. Aren't they supposed to want to help them and encourage them?

I know of a young woman,I've known forever,who married a non-Witness,and hasn't been to the meetings for awhile. All of her family is pretty hardcore. And I asked my mother how she was doing,and she said,"Oh,her whole family is disgusted with her since she is not doing anything about the "truth." I couldn't help myself,but,giddy laughter escaped me.

Is it because they feel she is turning her back on Jehovah,and will miss out of everlasting life? Or is it something more personal,her rejecting their faith? They probably aren't giving it this much thought,but I'm just curious,why our loved ones would rather us be miserable living a lie? Then to be happy and being true to ourselves.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

They are jealous that she has so much more time for herself.

CP

• TOTH
    TOTH

Closed minded a**holes! They love to sit on their thrones, judge, and poo poo down on those not DOING MORE in service to the wt.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well we are now lepers. We should cover our brow, and call out "UNclean Unclean!" to warn others

• steve2
    steve2

I think it reflects a juvenile outlook on one's beliefs. Many active JWs are 'hurt' and even angered that people could ever knowingly turn their backs of "the truth". It offends their pretty childish view of the world being made up of righteous ones (JWs) and unrighteous ones (practically everyone who does not agree with them).

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Aren't they supposed to want to help them and encourage them?

Supposed to, afterall, Jesus left the 99 to look for the 1 lost sheep.

But, JW's, most of them, will throw their own children or parents under a bus when they feel their own salvation is in jeopardy. Not all of them are this brainwashed, but too many are. I have found out that my former husband, raised in the JW's has decided to put his children and family before the cult. I have to say I am happily surprised.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

sad but true. I'm sure everyone here has heard the stampede of friends running away, when it became obvious that we weren't drinking the kool aid anymore

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Misery loves company. Inactive one's aren't miserable any longer and aren't very good company to the suffering saints of the Kingdom Hall.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Most think you have committed a grave sin because you no longer go th the K.H. They don't realize that you have found out about all the corrupt things the society has committed and are continuing to do.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

A few friends hung on or a while---but once they decide that their efforts to get me back to meetings will fail---they pretty much all went away. I'm sure they discuss their concern and love, and wonder what they can do to 'help' in the car groups. But this is all a smokescreen for what they really want to talk about, and where the conversation will lead----GOSSIP! Woo Hoo---a replacement for sex in JW world.

I can picture them talking about me. How I got sick and couldn't get to the meetings. But then it changed, afterall, she never listened to the meetings on the phone tie-in. Then how I would start crying whenever they insisted on talking about spiritual things. I wonder if it was demons. And how when they'd bring up meetings and conventions, I'd say I didn't want to talk about it. They should have known then! Jehovah's spirit repulsed her. And it's such a shame. She is struggling with so much illness, and she needs the hope and the friends. I always had a 'feeling' about her. I'm not surprised. (JW's LOVE to pretend they had feelings about people, so that when they walk away they can proclaim they always suspected a problem---they didn't know why exactly---but something was there.---It's sort of like saying, 'I'm so faithful and have so much holy spirit, I can just sense these things.)

Maybe we should drop by and encourage her. Yeah, but she never wants to talk about anything spiritual. That's a bad sign. The worst! She told me she went back to school. Oh so she has the time and energy to get a worldly education, but not a theocratic education. She told me once, in absolute confidentiality, that she had developed feelings for a worldly guy! REALLY? Yeah, she said he kissed her! OH! If she ever comes back, don't tell her I told you.

She spent entirely too much time with her brother. He's an atheist you know. She seemed to like him better than any of us. It was only a matter of time before she grew weak. Yeah, and she was never the greatest at meeting attendance anyway---she slept through most of the conventions. Well see, that's the problem right there. THAT's where Jehovah's spirit REALLY is, and she was sleeping.

Well maybe if her condition gets worse, she'll see the error of her ways and come back to Jehovah. One can only hope.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit