The Danger of Holding Your Tongue and Having Your Head Explode w/JWs

by metatron 10 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Could we have 'Jehovah's Witness teaching' listed as a cause of mental impairment in medical handbooks? So it could more easily diagnosed?

Well, here goes. I got stuck with some Witness ladies chatting about how increased gasoline prices could lead to Armageddon. Seriously, one of them rubbed her hands together as an anticipatory gesture.

It was all I could do to shut up and allow this idiotic moment to pass. I did mention that natural gas fueled cars could mitigate the problem, if you go all apocalyptic on the issue. I think they are easily old enough to remember gas lines during the Arab Oil embargo years ago. We got thru it. The world didn't end.

Now here's the Really Tragic Part: two of them offering this empty headedness have an education greater than a Bachelor's degree. Yes, folks you can lead a horse to water and not have him drink, metaphorically.

Perhaps they are reading from some new translation of Rev. 6:6 ("a [hundred] denari for a quart of premium") I guess Anything Bad qualifies as a sign of the Great Tribulation now.

If this collectively retarded (yeah, I still use that word) Organization survives its economic woes, in 20 years they'll come up with something like "the end is Near because our colonies on Mars are poor and our lifespan is only 150".

Maybe some Valium will help...

metatron

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Now here's the Really Tragic Part: two of them offering this empty headedness have an education greater than a Bachelor's degree. Yes, folks you can lead a horse to water and not have him drink, metaphorically.

ah yes the question regarding brains vs education. My grandfather was illiterate. He was the wealthiest person in his city. It's a shame that a batchelors was lost on people like those sisters u described.

I thought the high gas prices was the catalyst for ending the book study?

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I know what that's like,and it is hard to keep my mouth shout. I think they used to have a show called,"Kids Say the Darnest Things." We need something like "Jehovah's Witnesses Say the Craziest Things" ,or something or other.

I'm sure some will think it's a sign of Armageddon with less pages being in the public version of the Watchtower and Awake.

The best way is to grin and bear it and have as little as possible to do with them.

• Anne Marie 1925
    Anne Marie 1925

Metatron, that was a good one!!! What practical wit!!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Metatron,

You are evolving as a writer!

When 13seconds.org is up, you should enroll in the Writing Contest!

Randy

• metatron
    metatron

Thanks Randy. I'll investigate that.

I'm influenced by Dave Barry and Thomas Paine.

metatron

• moshe
    moshe

Minimus must sure have a headache, then.

• TOTH
    TOTH

I have a cousin with TWO Phd's, is a psychiatrist, and a publisjed author. The man is an EDUCATED IDIOT. Well at least he's not a jw too! But yea, having an education does not by any means indicate how smart a person is. It just means they can fill their head with knowledge not that they can apply any of it.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Just when I think I've heard the most ignorant thing, the witlesses shock me.

To be “smart" you need knowledge, wisdom and common sense, if you remove any one of these you're left with a dumbass; apparently wash-towel makes sure at least one of these is removed before baptism.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Yeah. That's fracking ridiculous. Kingdom halls going up in smoke from all the hot air.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit