May Awake--New 8-Part Series on Bible Prophecy--My Analysis of Part 1

by Cadellin 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

No, MP, some common sense comes in here. Some names might help. Check Wiki for some brilliant Jews. The Nobel Prize has been awarded to over 600 individuals. 20% of them are Jews, although Jews comprise of only 0.2 % of the world's population. Heard of Niels Bohr, or Albert Einstein? Find out how many Jewish millionaires are in your part of the world? You'll be surprised. Certainly brilliant in their own right, but I am sure their Jewish heritage played a part in their success stories. If only the Romans imitated Jewish hygiene laws, their empire might have endured a little longer. The Jews were hated everywhere they go. Why? Jealousy, perhaps? All of the above based on fact. The WT doesn't come into it at all.

• mP
    mP

vidqun

what do einsteins achievements got to do w/ jewish laws presented in the bibnle. absolutely none. his achievements are his own, the culture of ancestors from another time and place have no relevance. einstein wasnt even religious which leads one to think the same must be true of his parents and family. the jewish culture of modern europe is cvompletely different from that found in the bible. the similarities are there but in whole they are nit equivalent. einstein lived in ger,any, under german laws etc when he was little. this hoem kingdom was very different from ancient judea.

the history of anti semitism isnunrelated to the superiority or lack thereof of their laws. both questions are completely separate, any attempt to intertwind the, is broken, stupid and dishonest.

the sad thing the jews of today inherited the antimsemitism thing. their ancestors created a book called cthe ot and it is nothing but pro jew anti everyone esle. the crimes ppl commit against jews are the very same ones the jews commit against their neighbours. in some cruel irony of history their recorded hate and violence was then uaed againstbthem. i cantbhelp but wonder if the bible was the worst tjing that ever happned to them. no bible, no jesus,'no jesus no blame the jews for hismdeath. the jews would just become one ppls amomgstnmany.

lastly for whatver reason yes lots of businessman say they are jewish. after thousands of years they probably have more european blood in them than jewish blood. it doesnt take a genius to notice this is what happens, intermixi g is the story of humanity. do'a search for genghis khan apparenly 10% of all asians have his dna. ina few more generations they all have his dna.

• mP
    mP

vidqun

big deal a few jews won some nobel prizes. you might want o rethink which country has shaped our modern world. the simple answer is the english, and im not emglish myself.

- the royal navy used her might to stop the slave trade, which eventually killed slavery.

-everyone has an education because of english reforms in education.

- kids njo longer work in first world countries because of english initiatves

- they gave us machines and the industrial revolution.

-in a few years all computers and phones will run on english cpus

• mP
    mP

- the greatest scientist who changed our undetstanding of evetything was newton. everyone acknowledges him as the greatest ever. his amazing steps forward are truley amazing. noone has ever moved himan knowledge so far forward in a single leap. he also accomplished great things in maths and optics and more.

- go check the names of the basic units of measure, over half are english in honour of those who contributed, force=newton, faraday, temp=kelvin etc

- the english lamguage

- english law

- emglish culture and sport, nearly everyone plays and emglish game, football, cricket, rugby. baseball is based on an old form of cricket, american football is another adaptation of union etc

if god ever blessed one country above others it wasnt the jews, it was the english.

• steve2
    steve2

One of the kings of one of the Pacific Islands once discovered that if you lie on a piece of wrinkled fabric long enough, sheer body weight will smooth out the wrinkles. Does this qualify as an indication of the supremacy of Pacific peoples - at least on the subject of wrinkle management and, more relevantly given the thread topic, could their cultural uniqueness account for the discovery? Just wondering....

• mP
    mP

more russians have won the nobel prize aswell than jews. problem is some call themselves jews when they win. many french and germans have won as wrll. when they live in america they dont count as german or french. jews who dont win are often ignored and become something else. just how manyjews are there around the world, and who or what is a jew ? does this mean overtime everyone will become a jew ? does it matter ?

why would any of this matter to god if he loves everyone because we are his childredn. race is not in the genes, it only exists in our minds aswell. a jew can have kids with any other race on earth, just like all other races. if he god sees race does that mean he has a mind that has been infected by thoughts of man ? or does god only also exist inside the braibs of man ?

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Great comments, everybody. I've been out of town or would have responded sooner (and yes there are computers out of town, but I still have to be, um, cautious when I post):

I want to respond to The Old Hippie, who said, " As for the first one, WT chronology says they were Egypt dwellers for two centuries (215 years), and not for four centuries. The four centuries run from the establishment of the Abrahamitic covenant to the end of the Egypt-dwelling, according to WT chronology."

Yes, this is correct. I mistakenly said four centuries and it was, according to WT chronology, rather 215 years, from 1728 to 1513 BCE. I don't think this particularly affects the point I was trying to make, however, about synchronous cultural features which should not otherwise be the case, had the Israelites been newcomers into Canaan after centuries in Egypt.

I also want to clarify my information about the hieroglyph used for Israel in the Mernepthah Stele--Israel is referred to by a determinative indicating a people but not a land, suggesting a nomadic, tribal entity. This is contrast to the three Canaanite cities that are described by a hieroglyph for city-state. The Oxford History of the Bible argues that this distinction fits in nicely with other evidence that Israel was known as a people but not as a nation with distinct geographic boundaries: "This leads to the conclusion that at the beginning of this period [early Iron] Israel was a group of Canaanite people, self-identified as "Israel" but not occupying any territory called "Israel," and therefore not a stable political entity" (196). This is, of course, in direct contrast with the WT's view that Israel occupied numerous cities in various held regions on either side of the Jordan according to tribal allocation.

• mP
    mP

cad

the m steele amounts to a very concise comment about what or where israel or judea is or was. the problem w/ ancient semitic text is they omit vowels which makes context important in understanding the text. while we in modern english have many different words for many concepts the ancients in the mid east didnt. every word or consonent set is overloaded. does it mean this, or perhaps that or something else slightly different but connected. is it a name or a word, cant tell because there were no capitals. this leads to many problems, we see it todat in many different translations for the same set of glyphs. it also explains how the jews have a very different religion even though they share the ot. within the jewish culture we also have lots of variety all basedon the same text.

• mP
    mP

most of what ypu say is very speculative. i prefer to think the jews were just locals, a small tribe of nobodies next to large impressive empires like egypt. for whatevwr rreason they got ideas and decided to copy egyptian history and glories and pretend they were their own. we cant find david or solomon anywhere even though archeologists know where too look. i have heard that arab countries dor all accounts ban archeological work to verify the bible or the koran. they must realise that the holynbooks are not historical but their value in controlling tyhe masses is valuable somthey let the illusion continue. we can however find solomon in wgypt as amenhotep iii. the storynof amenhotep iii matches the glories of solomon. his kingdom, the temple he built , who he hired as his architect, names of those in his service, gold amounts and other details. naturally none of these happened in jeruslaem, the lack of archeological finds demonstrates this. it is also no coincidence that moses was wgytpian. so who has moses, that is an interesting question. amazon has many books on this matter. all i can say is that from my own readings some stoires like solomon are dead set copies, while others like moses appear to involve a little more crwtivity and editing. we can also find david in egypt. in short the jews because they couldnt materialse any real kingdom did the best they could and just invented a god who promised them greatness. they were also wannabe egytpians. we can find many egyptisms in the judaic culture. an easy one is of course circumcisiom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit