need help looking for a quote "does not harbor/hold private beliefs/ideas"

by Aussie Oz 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I am darned if i can find it in all my files! I saw it, saved it, lost it.

Not in an elders manual, not in letters to elders as far as i can see.

But i am pretty sure the wording was close to my title wording.

any takers???

Oz

• bohm
    bohm

The Watchtower, August 1st, 2001 Issue, Page 14, Paragraph 8:

"First, since “oneness” is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and “the faithful and discreet slave.” By regularly taking in the spiritual food provided “at the proper time”—through Christian publications, meetings, assemblies, and conventions—we can be sure that we maintain “oneness” with fellow Christians in faith and knowledge.—Matthew 24:45."

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/194032/1/New-Generation-NO-Thinking-Allowed

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Bohm you are da bomb!

thankyou soooo much!

Oz

• hotspur
    hotspur

"Oneness" - how I hated that word. What was wrong with "unity"?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Unity" is not so happifying.........evidently.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Maybe it sounded too much like trinity hotspar

I don't know about anyone else, but reading how they say the truth is revealed just about made me want to.... tell me how I didn't see this...seriously...was my brain that switched off...*don't answer that, I know the answer*

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I told some JWs the other month they were not 'united' but rather 'uniform'

they could not grasp what I meant.

Oz

• bohm
    bohm

No problem :-). You need it for the kids? How is it going with them by the way?

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"In order to avoid misunderstandings, Jehovah's Witnesses try to be careful about how they express themselves. Instead of saying "the society teaches" many witnesses prefer to use such expressions as "the bible says" or "I understand the Bible to teach". In this way they emphasize the personal decision that each witness has made in accepting Bible teachings and also avoid giving the false impression that witnesses are somehow bound to the dictates of some religious sect. - March 15, 1998 WT p 4.

"First, since “oneness” is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and “the faithful and discreet slave.” By regularly taking in the spiritual food provided “at the proper time”—through Christian publications, meetings, assemblies, and conventions—we can be sure that we maintain “oneness” with fellow Christians in faith and knowledge - Aug 1, 2001 WT p14

OK. Does anyone else see the alarming contradiction found within these two Watchtowers?

Aug 1 - Do not try to be independent. Do not try to understand the bible on your own. In order to be accepted by God, you must united in all beliefs and knowledge with all other witnesses. Those beliefs and knowledge come from us.

Mar 15 - When commenting in front of others, please do not say "the society teaches" because it makes us sound like some sort of powerful, ruling cult. Instead, say "I understand the Bible to teach". This gives the impression that you are not controlled.

Yup - That's the answer. Enforce a system of ever changing beliefs......but make each witness accept personal responsibility when commenting. Yay!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

saving

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit