BANNED words in the Education System (eye opening!)

by Terry 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Really anything can be offensive to anyone, so they better start preparing some new sanitized white padded classrooms instead.

• Mary
    Mary

I'm not sure which is more bizarre: The list of everyday words they want to ban, or WTWizard's anti-Semetic rant. Did you forget to take your meds today WT?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Well, here comes some more officially-endorsed and enforced ignorance...

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Nitwits. Right up there with those who tried to rewrite Twain.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm against government intervention and having words banned. I mean how desperate is that. Good government should not try to influence the human evolutionary experiment too much and instead be mainly a benevolent and not so much as a authoritarian influence guiding force towards it's ultimate goal of whatever.

Less censorship the better,, sparingly and on a one to one basis without arbitrary censor ship word bans.

• mP
    mP

Who cares, most of the world isnt affected by local news like this.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

"Local news" in New York has effects far beyond the city limits. Not only is it a large city in its own right, but also what they do today other cities will be doing in the near future. So yes, I do care about absurd actions taken by NYC officials. What happens there is likely to be imitated.

• mP
    mP

GLTirebiter

Not quite. The title of the topic uses "the" which implies there is just one Education System, theres not. There are over 200 countries each with their own independent systems. There are many news items from many different education systems, considering they are not in my country, i have nothing to worry about except the sky falling.

• Terry
    Terry

The best response to "bad" words is better thoughts.

Good drives out worse.

Great ideas are a remedy to awful ones.

You can't ban your way to enlightenment.

All progress is a battle. It is tooth and claw.

That is Nature.

We fight for improvements inch by inch.

What I try to do is call out and spotlight rather than stifle and censor.

Let the "other" have their say--but--spotlight where the wrong is festering and lance the boil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit