Rutherfords view of the Holy Spirit

by Christ Alone 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Does anyone have scans of these references? This comment was taken from http://ed5015.tripod.com/JwOccultConnection58.htm

Joseph Rutherford, the second president of the WTS, believed his spiritual enlightenment came from angels because the Holy Spirit had ceased functioning since 1918. The angels channeled information into his mind from God residing on the star Alcyone. (Preservation 1932 pp.5l; 201-203; Watchtower 1931 November 1 p. 327; The Watchtower 1934 April 1 p. 105)

• mind blown
    mind blown

Much appreciated post! Link saved

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Nothing surprises me anymore but this takes the biscuit, so I'd love to see scans of these.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Watchtower scans

1932 Preservation scans----

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I have the Jehovah book. I don't have a scanner however. I could make a vid of the page if that will help.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

There never was a connection between wts and occult nor with freemasons. Rutherford spoke out of his ass on many occasions and some went linking his stupidity with wts being involved in occult.

Rutherford was asked by a reporter how he would know if a person claiming to be King David was truly who he claimed, Rutherford replied "I realized the possibility of some old codger turning up bright and early some morning and declaring he was David. The men whom I have designated to test the identity of these men are officers of my societies. . . . They will be divinely authorized to know impostors from the real Princes." - Time Magazine, "California Cults", March 31, 1930

I remember some jw implied that the resurrected annointed might be helping with the work, while that's crazy talk as we look back with the knowledge we have today, it seemed posible back when we were dubs. That had nothing to do with occult either, just typical JW nonsense.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I'm not one to fall into the conspiracy theories, and personally I don't care for the freemason angle. The illuminati, the lizard people, etc, it's all just too much.

However, my own research into Greber, and other things, let me to believe they were into some pretty occultish stuff. Is is possible Rutherford was just a narcissist who made up crap as he went along? Of course, more than likely even, but it does sound like he was into channelling.

Some of the books, Grebers book and bible, he was a spiristist who spoke to spirits and the dead, Angels and women, whom a recent GB (sam herd) raved about, etc.

You don't even have to believe in it, but the fact that so much of the background and history of this organization is based on that creepy stuff, is alarming, even if it's only alarming to me.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I can't see anything about the star alcyone? Help

• mP
    mP

the more i think and learn of rutherfords opinion the more i realise he knew the real story of god in the bible. ive read a few books that talk ablut egyptian influence on both the ot and nt and one cant help'but see there are connections. i think rutherford knew that the jews were copying egyptian ideas about horus and shared some of their pyramid ideas. lyriamids are of course sun monuments, after all pyra=fire. rutherford realise the light/good/sun references in particular the jesus story are acknowledgements of this solar worship. we may not think much of solar astrotheology but its definitely a driving tgheme in the bible and rutherford was honest to'acknowledge this. most xians havemt a clue about the bible and just repeat what they have been taught without truely understanding or seeing whats right in front of them. all the admiration which they take to be spiritual or sy,bolic about god is just man praising the wonderful power and life giving light of sun. there is no vengeful god, thats either exaggerations or attempts at expalining bad luck, like david and the faminine which they blamed on taking a census.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Star Alcyone has to do with Pleiades which according to Russell was the throne of god. (Thy Kingdom Come (SS3) p.327

Astronomers are not yet fully agreed as to what or where that center is. Some,
    however, believe that they have found the direction of it to be the Pleiades, and particularly
    Alcyone, the central one of the renowned Pleiadic stars. To the distinguished German
    astronomer, Prof. J. H. Maedler, belongs the honor of having made this discovery. Alcyone, then,
    as far as science has been able to perceive, would seem to be ‘the midnight throne’ in which the
    whole system of gravitation has its central seat, and from which the Almighty governs his
    universe. And here is the wonderful corresponding fact, that at the date of the Great Pyramid’s
    building, at midnight of the autumnal equinox, and hence the true beginning of the year* as still
    preserved in the traditions of many nations, the Pleiades were distributed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit