Tim Horton's

by Sic Semper Tyrannis 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I have a question for my Canadian friends here. I go there often, and I see a Tim Hortons on pretty much every street, like McDonalds is down here. I've gone in to see what the fuss was all about, and all I saw were donuts and pastries I can find in every grocery store or gas station back home. Not a sarcastic question at all, but what am I missing? Have any recommendations for me? I'm going there on business in a few weeks.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

The main pull to Tim's is the coffee.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but most that I know got their first taste at Tim's.

It's a Canadian Icon as much as Hockey and Maple Syrup.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Tim Horton's for breakfast....

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Timmies is an experience. It's not just coffee but people go there to hang out, meet up and have a visit with one another. I love their coffee and the first thing I always did when getting off the plane, was hit the Timmies in the airport to grab a cup before heading home. I think it's a cultural thing - we have 5 of them in a small geographical area and they are always full.....mind you, McDonalds is starting to brew up some good tasting coffee now so there is some competition....sammies

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thanks. I was just wondering. I just love the poutine up there. Never get tired of that.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Where I'm from, the line-ups for Timmie's stretches right out to the highway.

Try the coffee. If you don't like it, just pretend you do and all the Canadians will love you!

Palm

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

The coffee was good.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

One of the managers where I am working brought in a can of Tim Horton's coffee and it is definitely great stuff! What I don't get is......TH is from Canada but this particular can of coffee has an Ohio packaging address on it.

Can anyone explain?

HappyDad

• paladin
    paladin

Tim's soups & sandwiches are good anytime and the coffee is much better than some other coffee shops. Tim's coffee does not upset my tummy.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I visited Canada some years back...I fell in love with Tim Hortons...the coffee is to die for and then the bagels...mmm...with garlic and herb cream cheese...

Have tried replicating the tastes back here in the UK but no...can't do it. Wish the company would come here .....soon.

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit