How many here gave up having a family for the sake of the "truth"?

by stuckinarut2 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Absalom
    Absalom

Stumpy- You brought out a point that I can't get the answer too... Are the other sheep still considered part of the Jonadab class?

I think the borg has backed off on the no kids thing, because I truly believe they know Armageddon isn't coming anytime soon.

My wife and I are in our 30's, until last year I was very much in and was looked up too, my wife is still in, I am mentally out. I want kids but do not want them to be raised in this organization. So it looks like I am in the same boat as you stuck. Gave up my youth and have nothing to show for it.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep indeed absalom.... In that same boat....

• Stumpy
    Stumpy

Yeah the last reference I could find Absalom is in the April 15 2012 Watchtower page 18.

Sorry for the situation your in, that's very tough. I hope it changes for you one day.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

One of my thoughts for not having kids was that raising children in the end times was not practical. However, I was not very motherly to begin, never was, but definitely the Org's negatives on reproduction when the end is so near was one of the many reasons why we ended up childfree.

I cannot say that being childfree has made me miserable. I rather enjoy much life with just distant nieces and nephews.

SL

• Absalom
    Absalom

Stumpy- there are an awful lot of quotation marks in that article you mentioned. Also, with the talk at last years annual meeting about going away from type/antitype, does that void linking other sheep with jonadabs?

That type/antitype along with the cities of refuge was Rutherfords "proofs" of establishing the other sheep class.

I wonder how they will spin this, or just continue in silence since most dubs don't actually think about what they are teaching.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Myself also. I always wanted kids. I always thought I would have children. I even had names picked out. But all of that was to wait till the new system as we had to pioneer and be where the need was great and sacrifice our lives now for the kingdom.

It's provably for the best as I did not wake up util my mid 40's and I would have really missed up the children if we did have them, as I was such a stupid devoted drone to the cult.

LITS

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    Thank you Stumpy for posting the results of your research. I know several sisters who remained single or married very late in life to secure a permanent pioneer partner...some of them died alone leaving nothing behind. I was not very obedient and I got married in 1973. Some family members didn't attend our wedding. Our first child was born early 1976...another cause of concern about our spirituality. Today we have grand children and I could not imagine a life without my family and I am happy that I didn't obey the WT because every other times I did resulted in hardship down the line.
  • Lynnie
    Lynnie
    Funny as usual it depends on who you are in the org and if you decide to follow that "advice" of no kids! My uber elder cousin couldn't figure out the birth control thing after he got married and they ended up having 3 kids very close together and then his wife finally got her tubes tied. HA! Several couples that I used to know had kids all in the '80's and basically ignored the advice of the org which I found very interesting! But that is still the party line, wait until the new system to have kids.....
  • ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Really surprised that people my age(in their 50's) and younger bought into the don't bring kids into the world thing. Really thought that was something that was adhered to in the 30's and 40's then forgotten about. Like I posted earlier I grew up in da troof and to me we were always attending bridal showers, and of course after that comes the onslaught of baby showers. That's why I'm not interesting in going to either as an adult, been to so many of them while growing up.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

We were terrible JW's.

Wanted kids...have them.

Bought a house.

Have jobs (we were not allowed a college education though).

Go on vacation.

Have a 401k. Yes...we are planning for the future.

My wife even has 2 piercings in each ear (OH MY!!)

No wonder we are out. We were terrible JW's !!! Yikes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit