Had to sit through 'Creation Reveals God's Glory'

by Flat_Accent 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

With my parents last night.

I had seen the dvd before but there was an overall feeling of awkwardness when they played it this time.

They both came diving into the living room anxious to watch it, and though my mum usually gets emotional when things like this are brought up, she kept her cool and decided to lay down some "facts". Things like "We are living in the last days, and the Anglo-American world power is the last one. China will never be a world power." (A show about China's economic and industrial prowess had just been on). "We'll see", I said. I didn't want to start an argument then but she was obviously looking for one. She was quick to add "And It's better to be in my position, because if I'm right I'll live forever, but if you're right it doesn't really affect me." Ahh, Paley's Watch! "And if the Muslims are right then we're all in trouble", but my dad was quick to counter "The Muslims aren't right."

The dvd went by quickly enough. There were a few things the scientists among us could probably pick at. I, for one, noticed everything was done from a very solipsistic point of view. Using comments like "Water has been perfectly designed to support life. Without water, we couldn't exist at all" as evidence that God cares. It's a really backwards way of looking at creation. God made the water before he made life, did he not? So humans were 'designed' to live off the water, not the other way around. I suppose this harmony in nature was an attempt at disproving evolution, but it couldn't even do that. The planet is 70% water, so evolution would favour animals that used water and other natural resources to survive. The same applies to the famous 'Golden Angle' but it's so obvious I don't need to go into it.

The saddest part was at the end though. I'm glad there was an encouragement to get away from the TV (albeit for silly reasons), and step outside, look at nature. But the real emphasis was on the New World, and all the nice things you'll be able to do once you get there. For shame.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I'm currently trying to educate myself on this topic, and it's surprising how much of Evolutionary Science is just common sense. It isn't convoluted and full of complicated twisted reasoning.

On a side note:

I read that whole thing in my mind with the voice of Christian Bale.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Then my avatar had the desired effect. Good to know.

And I'll be reading your comments in my mind with the voice of Tyler Durden

Evolution is such an amazing theory though, everything fits. What books/sites are you reading?

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

The planet is 70% water, so evolution would favour animals that used water and other natural resources to survive.

If I were to create a "superior creature" that is "higher than the animals" to live on a planet with more water than land then I would create a creature that could breathe under water and for fun one that could fly through the air too.

My dog has superior hearing and a better sense of smell than me. She can run faster than most humans too even though she is only 6 inches high.

As for my brain, perhaps I would be better off not being aware that one day all those I care about will die.

• free @ last
    free @ last

'Golden Angle'?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Then my avatar had the desired effect. Good to know.

"Don't just look at it, eat it."

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

@Flat_Accent

I'm reading "Why Evolution is True" by Jerry Coyne. It's simple, but great!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Give it enough time. One possibility, which I think is realistic, is that the Rothschilds are going to confiscate everything. They are cornering all the banks, and will eventually drain all the states dry. After they do this, Agenda 21+ will come along. At this point, being a witless (or involved in any religion) is going to do nothing more than get you slaughtered.

Even factoring that out, another nation will eventually rise. Right now, China appears to be in that position. We get Israel attacking Iran, the United Tyranny of Stupidity helps Israel (dumb), China helping Iran, and before long World War III is in full swing. A shooting war at that. Nuclear weapons may even be used during this war. And, depending on the outcome, it is fair game for anyone to emerge on top.

And, if not China, who knows who. It could just as easily be New Zealand, if they are left alone and leave Iran and Israel alone. It could just possibly be Argentina, Chile, Australia, or Brazil--if the Northern Hemisphere gets hit with enough nuclear bombs, the Southern Hemisphere will gain the upper hand. At which point, it would not surprise me to see New Zealand or Chile becoming the next world power.

Given enough people getting involved, nothing would surprise me one bit. Even a blatantly outrageous candidate as Nigeria could somehow emerge as the next world power. Let their corrupt government somehow get tangled with the war, and let someone hijack Nigeria while the leaders are split between attacking Iran (the Christian south) or attacking Israel (the Muslim North), and someone could just as easily sneak in and build the country into the world power within a surprisingly short time.

One thing I am pretty sure of. Israel will never become the world power. If Agenda 21+ comes, it will be run out of London or New York City. Otherwise, it will be anywhere else in the world. If Israel does attack Iran, and the United Tyranny of Stupidity sides with Israel, I can expect China to attack the United Tyranny of Stupidity. Either way, Israel is going to get its butt whooped.

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

free @ last: yeah it's included as an extra on the disc. It's in relation to the fibonacci sequence, and the numerical values are found in a lot of plants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_angle

EntirelyPossible: Do you like Huey Lewis and the News? Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. . .

dontplaceliterature: I do plan on reading that some time! At the moment I'm going through Dawkins' 'Greatest Show on Earth', a little stale in parts but still a decent read. It's more of a book about why evolution is possible, less about how we know it happened, though it does touch on fossil intermediates.

WTWizard: What the hell is Agenda 21+? Some kind of world-wide nuclear attack?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Harmony in nature actually proves evolution---and in fact, disharmony in nature proves evolution. It's all about sex, and sometimes that is not conducive to long life, but is conducive to reproductive success: ie the peacock tail.

But I'm sorry for your pain. You were a trooper!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit