Here's a "press release" written by an anonymous source that can be sent to the media about the thinner magazines

by AndersonsInfo 44 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

"If you can't beat them, join 'em"

Obviously, the Watchtower can't beat the Internet, so it now decided to really join it!

I think the WTS picture of the Internet/computer cord as a snake should be included in this press release! Along with some WTS quotes on the evils of the Internet, Facebook, and social media. Yeah, that would give a complete picture of just how the Jehovah's Witnesses view the Internet.

How can I reconcile the WTS stance? The Internet is to only to be used to snare recruits coming to the Watchtower. Once a follower, the person should only use the Internet very rarely and keep a close guard against apostate sitees. Kind of like a spider's web - deception. Bugs can fly in, but can't fly out. Isn't deception in line with thier other recruitment tool - the new recruits family should be accepting of the person changing TO the Watchtower, but once in the JW family should shun the apostate.

This also tells me that the WTS is losing its publishers. Old age, attrition, etc. They are hoping that the Internet will bring in new blood, since the foot soldiers are leaving.

But, the real deal is that young people are less religious, and want to seek out a broad based theory. The WTS is too rigid, too hypocritical, filled with too many lies, too many false predictions, etc. The overhaul needs to start out at the top! New, illusionary threads will still not change that the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

The big problem is that the WTS will rule on the Internet in countries were there are not alot of apostates to translate the material. This may give the WTS a temporary boost. But, once the apostates are able to communicate, then the WTS will not blossom in those far away places.

The Internet exposes things faster then print media. I applaud the WTS for switching methods from print to internet. Means a sooner death to the Worldwide Organization.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Why would the media accept a press release that's from an anonymous source about something that's hardly a world-shaking event?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

For the media to pick up a story - there has to be a "hook" - a current news attachment. Get a writer talking about the Internet, religion, and he will find this press release and use it in his story. Perhaps the WTS is banned in a country (Russia) and free speech comes up. Then there is this. Or, perhaps it's a slow news day. Or, perhaps the 700 Club wants this? I bet their news program would like to hear this stuff.

The purpose of a press release is to put out news, to help the reporters find out information. Not saying that this is going to make the front page of the WSJ . . .

Skeeter

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

IF ONLY THEY HAD STUDIED THIS CHAPTER AND UNDERSTOOD THE MEANING! NIV

1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

TITUS SCREAMS TO CHRISTIAN FREEDOM STEALING MEN

10 For there are many rebellious people, full of meaningless talk and deception, especially those of the circumcision group. 11 They must be silenced, because they are disrupting whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach-and that for the sake of dishonest gain. 12 One of Crete's own prophets has said it: "Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons."[c] 13 This saying is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith 14 and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the merely human commands of those who reject the truth. 15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think it is a great thing to try, if any of the media do pick up on it, the JW's are going to be SO surprised. It is SO subversive !

Why do we always get the negative ones on here, are they undercover agents of the Borg ?

If it doesn't get picked up, so what ? You'll never be able to say".I told you so", if we don't try.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Whatever form their revamped website takes, you can bet it will be a one-way disgorgement with no venues for discussions, comment, questions or reply from the readers

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I highly doubt door to door ministry will be de-emphasized, and am almost positve JWs will not be encouraged to preach online. How would JWs be encouraged to preach via the internet???Forums?? Highly doubtful, especially with the fear the WT instills of apostates. The sentence regarding witnessing via the internet is just to draw attention away from the fact that the WT is in cost-cutting mode.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

James-Woods- also door to door minstry is FREE publicity for the WT...and as you said a perfect guilt mechanism, where even if a JW doesn't do it they feel guilty, and probably compensate by donating more $$.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I just find it hilarious. It would be good to have this 'press release' on some sort of printed paper, along with the letter from New York. There are lots of us that have relatives that are JW. Just hand this to them, let them read it, and then watch their denial (no, not the river) kick in.

Then when it gets announced from the platform, you can only imagine their shock at knowing this weeks or days in advance.

I know it won't cause any of those JWs to leave, but still... it would be funny to play with them.

After all, this announcement is supposed to be 'top secret'.

The only thing that I see that may thwart it is... if the entire announcement is a hoax. An April Fool's gag, if you will... from Brooklyn. (Of course, we all know that JWs don't 'celebrate' holidays, including April Fools, so they have to make sure it is released AFTER April Fools Day.)

Regards,

Jim TX

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

We have a few JW women who hand out old literature outside of our building about once a week (well they stand there and talk to each other while holding old literature), I think a copy of this would really be nice to hand to them, maybe after mentioning how nice it will be that they will not need to be carrying as much next year.

Best part would be them getting this information before the official, confidential announcement.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit