What is the protocol when the memorial falls on the same night as the TMS/BS meeting

by insearchoftruth 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

When the memorial fell on a Sunday, the 3 congregations sharing the hall did reschedule the WT study on Saturday but skipped the public talk. In many ways it depends on how many share the building. But no other meetings, including circuit assemblies are scheduled on the same day as the memorial.

I remember when I was a teenager that the book study was cancelled.

• Conan The Barbarian
    Conan The Barbarian

This happens once every seven years for the Sunday Meeting and once every seven years for the weekly meeting, so there is a history. The Memorial trumps all other Meetings. It will be held on the evening of Nisan 14 (in Jerusalem) no matter what else happens. There can be no deviation. If a conflict with another meeting occurs in a given year, the Branch sends instructions to the Body of Elders and tells them how to handle. The quantity of Congregations that use the Hall on a regular basis impacts the protocol. This year, if a Congregation has a Thursday night meeting, it is to be rescheduled to another evening and the Memorial is observed on Thursday evening.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Our conned-green-nation reschedules.

No one shows up.

Out of 63 pub-wishers maybe 15 or so will attend deferred meat-ings.

That isn’t even enough to make turning the heat on worth while.

• dozy
    dozy

Procedure is that the meeting is rescheduled (or cancelled if it cannot be rescheduled - eg more than 1 congregations shares KH )

km3/10p.4Announcements

If your congregation normally has its meeting on Tuesday, efforts should be made to switch the meeting to another day of the week. In the case where many congregations share the Kingdom Hall and a meeting cannot be rescheduled, the meeting may be canceled. Service Meeting parts that are particularly applicable to your congregation may be incorporated into another Service Meeting

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It depends. I have seen both, but you will never have a regular boasting session on the same day as the REJECT Jesus Party. Sometimes they will have the regular boasting session on another night (which I have seen). In the case of a book study, they will cancel it sometimes and hold it by condensing it in the future. However, in my experience, with the exception of the a$$emblies, they rarely cancel one boasting session for another.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit