I really have to thank the borg...

by garbonzo 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• garbonzo
    garbonzo

THANKS FOR NOTHING! Lol. Just kidding, although true I guess.

I really have to thank them for teaching me how to get the girls, Rofl! I swear I could take a lot of what's in The Reasoning from the Scriptures book and make it "Reasoning with Women", lol!

Such as conversation stoppers and whatnot. I find that this really helps in being charming, and self confident with women. I can turn a potential conversation stopper into something more. For instance, if I get rejected, I could say humorously "Aw, am I that bad looking? Haha." She might say something to let me down slowly and I can prove myself as charismatic, just like how the Borg tells you that if you get rejected you still want to be polite, etc. Also, if she really has a valid excuse, I can get her number or give her mine, just like how the Borg tells you, LOL! It really is quite ironic.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL...garbonzo...I just had a vision of you whipping out your reasoning book at the bar...from your brief case of course.

• Broken Promises
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

The conversation stoppers could work (or maybe not) with a little tweaking. All you need to do is replace the word RELIGION with MAN

These are the suggested responses from page 16 for the response 'I'M NOT INTERESTED', and how they could be used for a blocked pick up line.

'May I ask, Do you mean that you are not interested in the Bible, or is it religion in general that does not interest you? I ask that because we have met many who at one time were religious but no longer go to church because they see much hypocrisy in the churches (or,theyfeelthatreligionisjust anothermoney-makingbusiness;or, they do not approve of religion's involvement in politics; etc.). The Bible does not approve of such practices either and it provides the only basis on which we can look to the future with confidence.'

'May I ask, Do you mean that you are not interested in me, or is it men in general that do not interest you? I ask that because I have met many who at one time were interested in men but are no longer because they see much hypocrisy in men. I do not approve of such practices either '

---

'If you mean that you are not interested in another religion, I can understand that. But more than likely you are interested in what kind of future we can expect in view of the threat of nuclear war (or, how we can safeguard our children against drug abuse; or, what can be done about crime so that we won't have to be afraid to walk the streets; etc.). Can you see any prospect for a real solution?

'If you mean that you are not interested in another man, I can understand that. But more than likely you are interested in what kind of future I can provide you. Can you see any prospect?'

---

'Is that because you already have a religion? ...Tell me, Do you think we will ever see a time when everyone belongs to the same religion? ...What seems to stand in the way? ...For it to be meaningful, what sort of foundation would be needed?'

'Is that because you already have a man? ...Tell me, Do you think we will ever see a time when everyone belongs to the same man? ...What seems to stand in the way? ...For it to be meaningful, what sort of foundation would be needed?'

---

'If you mean that you are not interested in buying something, let me put your mind a tease. I'm not engaged in a commercial work. But would you be interested in the opportunity to live on a paradise earth, free from sickness and crime, with neighbors who really love you?'

'If you mean that you are not interested in sleeping with me, let me put your mind a tease. I'm not engaged in such work. But would you be interested in the opportunity to find a husband that can provide for you financially, and who would really love you?'

---

'Is that your usual reply when Jehovah's Witnesses call? ...Have you ever really wondered why we keep calling or what we have to say? ...Briefly, the reason I came to see you is that I know something that you should know too. Why not listen just this once?'

'Is that your usual reply to pick up lines? ...Have you ever really wondered why men keep trying or what we have to say next? ...Briefly, the reason I came to see you is that I know something that you should know too. Why not listen just this once?'

---

The next couple could work as they are.

'I can appreciate that. A few year- ago I felt the same way. But I read something in the Bible that helped me to view matters in a different light. (Show the person what it was.)'

Would you be interested if I could show you from the Bible how you could see your dead loved ones again (or, what the real purpose of life is; or, how it can help us to keep our families united; etc.)?'

• garbonzo
    garbonzo

LOL Paul, that's really good. =D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit