WTS stupid analogies for how to live your life

by tootired2care 17 Replies latest jw friends

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Here is a real good one.

Jehovah cares so much for each of us, how can we show it?

We should never be angry or bitter that "the end" hasn't come yet and continue with a sense of urgency, why? Because Jehovah cares and wants to give everyone a chance to hear the truth before Armageddon comes.

Hmmm...

If babies continue to be born at an exponetial rate around the world; how will this goal ever be attained? Oh wait it cant!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Just heard another stupid one today...

Bro. Hernandez grew up in West Texas , and often saw cowbirds. These birds spend most of their time on the backs of cows eating parasites. When they spot a bird building a nest they will wait for the bird to leave and then go and lay their eggs in someone else's nest. The cowbird is lazy, so it goes back to the cow. The unsuspecting bird doesn't notice the extra eggs, and when they hatch, she begins flying off to feed them. This tires her out so that when her own eggs hatch she is too weak to feed them, and her babies end up dying.

Today Satan is like the cowbird. He watches us and then tries to drop eggs into our nest. They may be work, school, entertainment, recreation, or whatever, and we begin to take more care of Satan's eggs than our own spiritual needs. If we are not careful, our spirituality will die because we are too busy feeding Satan's eggs. So watch out for those deadly eggs and get them out of your nest!

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Run for a touchdown don't stop and take stock of how you've wasted your entire life on a fools errand.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/230610/1/Br-Jackson-Illustration-Run-Idiot-Run

• cedars
    cedars

I hate the following analogy. Not only is it silly and medically inaccurate, but it is designed to convince people to decline life-saving medical treatment....

Page 130 of the Bible Teach book...

Does the command to abstain from blood include blood transfusions? Yes. To illustrate: Suppose a doctor were to tell you to abstain from alcoholic beverages. Would that simply mean that you should not drink alcohol but that you could have it injected into your veins? Of course not! Likewise, abstaining from blood means not taking it into our bodies at all. So the command to abstain from blood means that we would not allow anyone to transfuse blood into our veins.

As has been pointed out many times, there is a HUGE difference between drinking blood and transfusing it. If you drink blood it is absorbed by the digestive system and performs no tangible life-saving role. However, if it is transfused intravenously (provided it is the correct blood type) it immediately begins to contribute to the circulatory system and performs a life-sustaining role, circulating oxygen and sugars that are needed to keep the body's cells functioning. The same can clearly not be said for intravenously injecting alcohol.

It's a stupid and ignorant analogy, and worse still, it is likely taking the lives of those who have accepted it as we speak.

Cedars

• maisha
    maisha

You know cedars, i WOULD NEVER HAVE BLOOD.

It is the last thing i would want in my veins.

Saline as a last resort, is far better than blood anyday.

One thing the WTBS has correct is avoiding blood.

The advantages OF DOING SO ARE REAL and TANGABLE.

It annoys me so much when people emotionally talk about blood being good to help someone.

So far from the truth.

Come to africa and i wil show you first hand what i deal with in treating people. you will NEVER WANT BLOOD AGAIN.

The USA is is very biased pro blood because it is a HUGE business to the suppliers.

Those suppliers have created a market need and do so with full immunity to facts.

They blatantly continue, but you never hear the bad effects of having blood, why not?..

Because they pay out and cover up. It amazes me how people get emotonally charged about the WTBS and yet neglect to mention the losses and damages from getting blood that are far higher than not getting it.

• cedars
    cedars

maisha - your point about accepting blood transfusions in parts of Africa is well taken. However, I would always prefer to take medical advice from a qualified professional when it comes to deciding whether a blood transfusion is necessary or not depending on the precise circumstances. Certainly the counsel against blood found in the bible cannot be used as the sole basis for refusing blood transfusions, because the medical use of blood was non-existant in bible times. The bible condemns the practice of eating/drinking it - nothing more, nothing less. Indeed, if anything, the biblical precedent would be to use whatever means are necessary to preserve human life. This is clear from the approach taken by Jesus when it came to healing on the Sabbath, etc.

Cedars

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Many, the world is like a pulp that traps you. I have to laugh at that one coming from them.

• maisha
    maisha

Yes interesting reasoning Cedars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit