Ashi's Apostasy---Part Last Formal Apostate

by ashitaka 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Inquiry
    Inquiry

Hey Ashi....
    great series... you went through it and were victorious, and for the most part, on your own terms... I can't tell you how rare that is in my experience... good for you.... If you live the rest of your life with that vigor and insight, you will do well...
    I'm glad you shared this with all of us here... it's good to learn from other's experience.
    Thank you
    Inq :)

• Kep
    Kep

What a great experience.
    You certainly have a gift Ashi, not only to write this down, but especially in being able to free many people.
    All the best for you and Water.
    Kep

• out4good3
    out4good3

Great Story.

Hopefully I'l have as much luck with my family. Anytime anything anti-JW comes up, their brains and higher reasoning shut down.

• Imbue
    Imbue
    My mom said that family, in the end, is the most important thing, and that your friends, associates, and even God can leave you, but that family is always there. I think that’s what helped me to leave the most. Sometimes we can survive living in hell, but we can’t stand our families doing so. I’ve enjoyed my family becoming so much closer since all of this started.

In my life it's always been the people that have disappointed me. God has always been there even when I've not been aware. I'm not talking about religion, but God.

I can't believe your only 22? It sounds like you've been through a war.

Accually my doubts started when the PO's son DA'd. They were treating him so badly when he was mentally ill. Sometime I'll tell this story. Now the poor young man is lost in drinking and drugging and now he's in jail.

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again when it doesn't work.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

IMblue---the same kind of derision was put upon Water's brother, who had learning disabilities..I know...it makes me sick too.

ashi

• Imbue
    Imbue

Ashi, not IMblue — Imbue=principles two different people.

I was more than sick when his parents scape-goated him to keep THEIR eldership. they treated him like dirt after he attempted suicide. This elder is Alcoholic. They have all the family traits.

The Elders wife once said to me and my only friend sister REAL in "I'll know how bad this elders meeting is by how many drinks he has after" I saw this statement as a cry for help since thay all know I'm an advocate for "outside help" AA, NA, batter womens groups etc. As you can probrobly guess this makes me a Bad association. Oh yeh I encourage all their kids behind thier backs to go to college. This makes me real popular with the elders.

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Ashi,

Great story. Thanks for sharing it with us. You were lucky to get out at a young age. Best wishes to you all.

Free

• cellomould
    cellomould

Thanks for sharing Ashi!

cellomould

p.s.: I'm not hijacking this thread

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit