Questions for Evolutionists

by RWC 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Joseph Joachim
    Joseph Joachim

AlanF and JanH will do a much better job of answering your questions with greater detail.

I think AlanF and JanH have learnt (at last!) to ignore this kind of posts. Sometimes you best show your intelligence by not replying.

• Xander
    Xander

Sometimes you best show your intelligence by not replying.

Seemed like a sincere question - if it was flame-bait, I would have expected more inflamatory accusations.

At any rate, the sources posted in this thread have some good information. Read up, and post any more questions you have.

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana
  • Adonai438
    Adonai438

I am sorry I don't have the time right now to read all the replys so far on the issue but wanted to express support and offer for further information on the topic from a creationist point of view. I am a creationist by choice after researching the evidence for both sides. I don't blindly believe in anything. No, evolution does not rule out God entirely, but you do enter shaky ground when you stop taking God and scripture literaly. (Some parts are symbolic but those are clearly distinguished from the historical accounts given)
    Here is a link to an interesting site on the matter and I have a very detailed book I am willing to give or lend anyone interested.
    Have a fabulous day
    <>< Angie
    http://www.christiananswers.net/creation/home.html

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I used to care about this subject. As if it really matters. The absolute SECOND somebody mentions "fossils" or "intelligent design" I just want to get violent.

Surely, there is A LOT about origins and evolution that we still aren't sure about, and may never be. That does not change the fact that there is no god. If DNA or plants or or humans anything else were specially created, then such were created by something completely unconcerned today, and thus it/Him/whatever is totally irrelevant.

The question is not whether life evolved and is evolving, but whether, what are you doing with your life as you know it?

• Amazing
    Amazing

Joe Joachim: You stated,

"I think AlanF and JanH have learnt (at last!) to ignore this kind of posts. Sometimes you best show your intelligence by not replying."

I disagree. This is not about proving intelligence. It is about repeating the same information over and over to the same kind of questions. More often AlanF will refer new questions to "Talk Origins" as I and others have done. The issue I like to add is about understanding 'theory' as it is used in science - and a few other comments, then let the web site and other experts get into greater detail.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Adonai438: You stated in part,

" ... but you do enter shaky ground when you stop taking God and scripture literaly. (Some parts are symbolic but those are clearly distinguished from the historical accounts given)
    "

Ahhhhhhhhh ... (I mean that with humor) ... this topic alone is worth a 1,000 comments. If you are up to it, I will start a new thread and explain why I have serious consternation with the Bible. I do not mean some mean nasty debate ... but a discussion where we can present some views and issues ... maybe even strongly ... but, to try and deal with problems with Bible history. Let me know if you wish to do that, either here on JWD, or by privatye email. Thanks.

• Xander
    Xander

If you are up to it, I will start a new thread and explain why I have serious consternation with the Bible.

I've actually been waiting for a thread like this for some time - if you posted it here, I'd be happy to participate.

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana
  • julien
    julien
    AlanF and JanH will do a much better job of answering your questions with greater detail.

I think AlanF and JanH have learnt (at last!) to ignore this kind of posts. Sometimes you best show your intelligence by not replying.

However, not answering this kind of post risks having lurkers conclude that evolution has no answer for these "problems." Posting a simple link to www.talkorgins.org may not be much better. Post the link (or link to other existing relevant material) and providing succinct answers is best, as shown by Amazing's post.

• RWC
    RWC

Thank you for the replies. I wasn't just attempting to start things up. I engage in some discussions with individuals on the existence of God and such and we occasionally end up discussing evolution. My questions were directed towrads evolution as the basis for the origins of life in a macro sense, not in a micro sense such as the devlopment of different variations of the same animal over time. That is where I believe that the theory falls apart.

Clearly animals have evolved within their species over time, but have they changed from one species to the next?

My understanding is that the thought is that over millions of years as different chemicals mixed over the earth that one celled organisms, presumably plants at first, began to evolve. That was why I asked the question regarding the DNA. If plants do not have DNA and animals do, where did it come from?

Thanks for the cites. I will study.

• rem
    rem

All living things, including plants, have DNA (ok I know there might be some exceptions). Just ask Monsanto. ;)

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit