Question about 2 Tim. 3:16

by beenthere2 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• beenthere2
    beenthere2

A lot a great comments but I think Terry hit the nail on the head... What is "written" and what is written "about" are two different things. (The Michaelangelo example was great!)

I somewhat agree with Irondork... Paul may have been referring to the old Hebrew writings when he said, "all scripture", but I don't think that necessarily demands the Greek sciptures are any less valid; inspired. ......except that my point was that many times the org. uses that verse to validate everything in the NT as inspired by God.......I think some may be inspired, some may not......it may very well be all inspired by God....but to use that verse as the foundation to make the point that all of the NT is inspired by God is a mis-application of the verse (in my humble opinion).

Isn't it nice to be able to share thoughts with each other without having to be told what to think?

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Also on topic and of interest is; that parts of the NT were written in Hebrew, before being translated into Greek.

I'm not referring to Paul's letters or those penned by his assistant, in this instance; but like Rev. or Heb.

This was mentioned in an Awake about one year prior to my leaving the the WT's organization.

However; all of us here have learned so many new points on the Bible since gaining our freedom.

Such as this...

Some scholars point to certain idioms and assert that Aramaic was the original tongue dictated from in some NT books!

Yet, the WT is still hung up on it's NWT, and rarely mentions the Aramaic or Babylonia Pentateuch. Some here read it.

Aramaic being the dialect spoken by many returnees from the captivity, and in Galilee by Peter, Jesus and others there.

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

Personally 2 Timothy ch3v 1-9 describes JWs specifically

v10-17 tells me what to expect from life following Christ, how and from where to obtain knowledge

A chapter is a whole, singular scripture is meaningless

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

To clarify my earlier post; just before I started school mum & dad took me down town to see what I would do with a small amount of money. There were a fish shop, an ice cream/lolly shop, a shop with a new fangled donut machine; dad loved these and a cafe with a new fangled juke box thingy. The rockers/bikies hangout.

We walked up and down a few times. Dad said"Well son, what do you want to buy" "I want to buy music dad" said I. "You'll have to go and do it youself. You'll have nothing to eat or drink and I wouldn't be game to go in there but if that's what you want here you" and gave me the money.

In I went, up to the jukebox; not a clue as to what to do. A woman came up,"You right darl, wanna play some music". "yes please"

To cut a long story short, she took my money, played some music, bought me my first ever coke and we went outside where her man was talkin to my parents. I cashed in the bottle and bough mum a chocolate.

My point is, is that that night even though I was with my parents, I knew I had found a part of myself.

Rock 'n' roll & Motorcycles were in my living soul, I felt at ease and at home with these people.

Love'n' Thoughts WoZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit