Guilt Trips From Family

by EmptyInside 25 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

not ready to run.

You are a witness alright.

You are inebriated with the exuberance of your own verbosity. Ie never say in a few short simple words what you can stretch into a page full.

I think of the brother who was so elegantly dressed who did all the 'qualifying' things you say and was jailed for sexually abusing a line of child victims.

including mine.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Actually, Zeb, she posted at least one and quite possibly two Watchtower articles into her posts....

I wish she'd come back on board.

I'd like to teach her how to do actual quotes, link articles, and maybe even post pictures...

But the fact that "Not Ready To Run" posted all of THAT Watchtower blather, instead of - as you said, "in a few short simple words" expressing what she actually FELT, is most telling...

I suspect that she still has too much of the Watchtower propaganda in her brain; she hasn't been able to do enough research to negate that burden of Watchtower propaganda that she's [STILL!!!] struggled under, in the past.

That probably also applies to "Empty Inside"....

I think it was "Still Thinking" who explained how she reached that "A-HAH" moment [about "Noah's" flood, if I remember correctly].... In that moment, much of the Watchtower control and "brainwashing" slipped away, because she FiNALLY saw them CLEARLY for what they were...

So, to "Empty Inside" AND "Not Ready To Run" - and anyone else struggling with the issue of guilt, I would recommend a LOT of research into Watchtower contradictions, the ways in which they MANIPULATE people, the ways in which they GUILT people, and so on...

There's a LOT of power in being able to "name" the thing that bothers you, look it right in the eye, and say, "I know what you REALLY are - you're a COWARD and a BULLY - and you have NO POWER OVER ME..."

[Anyone remember the dramatic climax of "Labyrinth" with David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly - she broke the evil spell of the "Goblin King" - Bowie - with almost the exact same phrase...]

Remember, KNOW YOUR ENEMY - the more you know about them [Governing Body and the Watchtower Corporation], the more you can laugh at their poisonous stupidity...

Zid

• zeb
    zeb

ziddina.

well put!

"To be really happy and really safe one ought to have at least two or three hobbies and the must all be real"

winston churchill. Who, apart from being a statesman and scholar a prolific writer was also a painter and a bricklayer. He kept his bricklayers union membership up till the day he died. One of the walls he built still stands at 'Checkers" the country house of the UK Prime Minister. many of his painting survive today.

with warmth gratitude and compassion

zeb

• Notreadytorun
    Notreadytorun

im back, thanks for the advise... ive been really sick, need to do more research but head is pounding - sorry for posting so much and crashing your thread "empty" I have a lovely big brother who never got baptised and left at 15 and Im afraid there were times back when i was a teenager that i was very self righteous, unkind and condescending to him. So im very very sorry to hear what youve gone through and are going through with yours

everyone else, Ill start a new thread when im 100% well again. excuse me i have to...

• Notreadytorun
    Notreadytorun

zeb, i am a mother too, and i hope never to feel the pain that you must feel. They werent my words, they were WTs, and i am sorry to upset you with them. just needed help picking the crap apart.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Dear empty,

Please know this. You have talents and abilities of your own. I know what it is to stand in the shadow of a brother. He got the brains growing up, and I got...well, sucked into a cult.

If you are not in school, please, work at getting in one, whether you have to get student loans, or any other means. Knowledge is freeing and will enhance your self-esteem to a large extent. You will gain pride in your accomplishments, and will not need to be compared to anyone. Let nothing stand in the way of you and an education.

I wish I had someone to give me this advice years ago, but better late than never. I am sixty, and in college, and will graduate within a year. I can tell you that you will feel like your own person and that comments from anyone, including your mom's, will affect you soooo much less.

Hoping the best for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit