Not fearing Armageddon

by tec 19 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Some time ago I was granted some understanding about 'Armageddon', and so I am sharing it with you. I should have shared it when I first received it from our Lord.

There is nothing to fear if you are not riding out to make war against someone.

Satan deceives the nations and gets them to march against those who belong to Christ and God. Only to protect those who are living in peace and who belogn to Him, are those who seek to destroy, devoured by fire from heaven.

Two things that I understand from this:

1) the people of Christ and God do not fight in this. They do not ride out to make war against other nations. They are ridden out against, and they are protected by God. So you may live in peace and without fear, because God will not let you be destroyed in this war. You will not have to ride out against anyone... just trust God.

If you are currently planning on riding out against someone, and attacking in the name of God and Christ... then you might want to rethink your position, and whether or not you are one of those who is being deceived.

2) If you consider yourself to NOT be a person of Christ and God... but you live in peace and make war on no one... but some are coming to kill you in the name of god... then you might want to consider that those are not people of god at all. The people of God and Christ do not seek peaceful people out and make war against them.

This is the understanding that I received, and share.

Words are not always the best way to communicate something. Deeds and spirit are better. But I hope you can still understand the gist of what I received, and ask for understanding and truth, yourself, from the One who is the Truth. Christ, Himself.

Peace to you!

(All that being said: Armageddon is a long way off. Christ returns first for those who belong to him (his brothers); he rules with them and brings more people into the kingdom (sheep). Then Satan misleads people outside that kingdom/camp that God loves to march against those within that kingdom/camp that God loves. That war is the war at Armageddon.)

Again, peace to you,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

I must also apologize if anyone wants to discuss, because I have to go to work, and will be gone until this evening. I would have saved sharing until this evening, but I had put off sharing this understanding for so long, and I just could not put it off any longer.

Peace,

tammy

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Some time ago I was granted some understanding about 'Armageddon', and so I am sharing it with you. I should have shared it when I first received it from our Lord."

Will you please elaborate on how the message was delivered to you? I do not previously recall a post in which you relayed a message from above. This is fascinating.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Will you please elaborate on how the message was delivered to you? I do not previously recall a post in which you relayed a message from above. This is fascinating.

Same exact thing I was thinking, and I say that with love as you're alright with me Tammy, but when people start recieving revelations I'm hesitant to take them seriously. Again I say that with the upmost respect and love for you, but I'm under the impression you're going to say, "may you have peace!" soon.

Satan deceives the nations and gets them to march against those who belong to Christ and God. Only to protect those who are living in peace and who belogn to Him, are those who seek to destroy, devoured by fire from heaven.
    This is something that's always appeared far-fetched to me, like how does Satan organize an assault on those belonging to Christ? There's even confusion as to who does and does not belong to Christ, so any interpretation of these verses are vague and obtuse(shout out to Cofty) at best.
  • Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I don't fear "Armageddon" because the King James Bible

at REV. 16:16 says it is a "Place" not a "War."

• Diest
    Diest

Why would what the KJV says have anything to do with it? Are you a king james only kind of person?

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Right now I am, because got rid of all my Watchtower trash

including their Bible.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I see John’s Revelation and Armageddon as an earlier version of War of the Worlds, a science fiction novel by Herbert George Wells 1898. The psyche of humans tends to conjure up what is generally called Invasion literature. It symbolises our deeper fears and insecurities.

A king on a white horse with a sword protruding from his mouth, that he uses to smite his enemies, is far out man. It could be seen by Freudians as a rather phallic power symbol. My personal fantasies are of an entirely different nature, but that would be telling.

• LV101
    LV101

Tec --- Appreciate your explanation but just to be clear in your 3rd par/2nd sentence those who seek to destroy are devoured by fire from heaven because God is protecting those who belong to him.

Last paragraph --- so God loves those dedicated to him in addition to those non-xtians who live in peace and make war with no one.

I've heard ministers (on radio) say that it's going to get evil during this time and xtians will be tortured/kiled --- then another will say that Christ returns to save the church. It's very interesting and good post.

LV101

• tec
    tec

Thank you for waiting.

This time the understanding just became part of me. Not words, precisely, but the thought and the understanding were there. I have learned that there is a peace and calm and quiet surety that comes with this kind of understanding. (I have posted a couple other threads like this - or at least one thread, and a couple times sharing something I heard in ongoing threads.)

A couple of times I have heard words as well. Also quiet and calm and sure, and I feel the same way afterward. Not words in my ears, persay, but more in the center of me. I would say in spirit, but I'm trying to describe that.

Same exact thing I was thinking, and I say that with love as you're alright with me Tammy, but when people start recieving revelations I'm hesitant to take them seriously. Again I say that with the upmost respect and love for you, but I'm under the impression you're going

to say, "may you have peace!" soon.

No worries, Miz. I understand, and I have been as hesitant as you when others have said the same. So instead of trying to decide if they are for real or delusional, I have concentrated instead on what has been shared. I still do test anything someone else shares, as anyone should.

Oh... and I always say peace at the end of my posts. Once in a blue moon, also at the beginning ;)

This is something that's always appeared far-fetched to me, like how does Satan organize an assault on those belonging to Christ? There's even confusion as to who does and does not belong to Christ, so any interpretation of these verses are vague and obtuse(shout out to Cofty) at best.
    Well, I can't say that I know, but I can think about it. Deceit is a powerful tool. People convince themselves that they deserves something that belong to others all the time; they convince themselves that they're right and others are wrong...then they destroy others to take what they think should be theirs. They listen to a lie, because of what they want for themselves. Alwayshere - You're right, it is a place where the war happens... and that could mean a lot of things. I like the NIV translation, probably because I'm used to it, but I also like google to compare different verses from many different versions.

I see John’s Revelation and Armageddon as an earlier version of War of the Worlds, a science fiction novel by Herbert George Wells 1898. The psyche of humans tends to conjure up what is generally called Invasion literature. It symbolises our deeper fears and insecurities.

I love War of the Worlds.

John's revelation is similar to some OT prophecies about the end. Just more detailed/clear to me, perhaps because of Christ and the things that he taught as well.

Tec --- Appreciate your explanation but just to be clear in your 3rd par/2nd sentence those who seek to destroy are devoured by fire from heaven because God is protecting those who belong to him.
    Last paragraph --- so God loves those dedicated to him in addition to those non-xtians who live in peace and make war with no one.

Yes, I believe so.

(but I don't think God teaches us to love friend and enemy, but does not do this himself. That's just my thought. He wants everyone to 'turn and be healed'.)

I've heard ministers (on radio) say that it's going to get evil during this time and xtians will be tortured/kiled --- then another will say that Christ returns to save the church. It's very interesting and good post.
    Now I agree with this too ( I don't know if the torture/killed will be physical, or more spiritual). But there are two different things that tend to get merged into one thing... tribulation and armageddon. Tribulation happens before the coming of Christ and that is what I think those ministers are talking about.

Armageddon happens after that (a long, long way from now), after Christ and his brothers have been ruling for 'a thousand years' (literal or figurative years, I don't know)

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit