Is it too much to ask the "CREATOR" in this technological, scientific age to give us a modern update for his intentions?

by smiddy 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Glander
    Glander

A loving father hands his children a Rubics cube. If they can't solve it he knocks their brains out. (Or, he locks them in the basement and tortures them with fire.)

• tec
    tec

I really do appreciate your commentary and everyone is entitled to their own beliefs; and I know you mean well, but seriously that is some crazy stuff your talking and it makes no sense :) God has always given specific instructions, which have always been in some written form; 10 commandments, Mosiac Law etc. And the last time I checked the only place you can find Jesus words is...wait for it...wait for it...the bible!

If this is true, how do you suppose people lived before the ten commandments and law were placed out in written form? How did people understand that murder was wrong before a law was physically written down about it?

It would be unreasonable to conclude that God would not have what he expects written for all to see, or he would have no legal basis to hold anyone accountable because no actions would be wrong; or would change according to each individual. How would you feel if your neighbor believed murder was ok and killed your child, and there was no standard or law to condemn that belief? Proposterous right?

Actually, I think it is preposterous that someone would have to have a law written down to understand that killing someone else's child is wrong. If someone cannot read or has never heard of this law, or its consequences, it is not all of a sudden okay if they murder your child.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you kind of covers all these things. The only people that the law must be written out for are those who do not have this law (or love) written on their hearts/consciences. They must have a visible representation of the law, and clear consequences, in order to follow the law that some others follow by nature, with no need of a written law.

Peace,

tammy

• Nambo
    Nambo

Unless God cut those days short, no flesh would be saved. (Or something like that I seem to remember a scripture saying).

If it is God thats doing all this killing, does he have to hold himself back or something in case he kills everybody?

I wonder if a lot of the killing thats done leading up to Christs reign, isnt actually God himself doing it, but the works of Man under the Devils direction towards the etablishment of, and as a result of, his New World Order with its 42 month reign?

Now, I wonder if Tammy is thinking along these lines that another ex Sister woke me up too, is there going to be two Armageddons? the one at the beginning of the thousand years that the JWs use, and another one at the end? For there will be one at the end, when the Devil gathers all the nations of the earth to come up against the Holy City, I think a lot of those scriptures quoted here are refering to the end of the 1000 years, not the beginning, and why shouldnt God protect his people from those who wish to destroy them? We expect our own leaders to protect us in this way.

I dont think there is going to be a soon to come Armeggedon, I think a lot of poeple will die soon, as a result of the tribulations and the sort of plagues of Revelation that God also visited on the Eygptions, but didnt totally annialate them, but it wont be a total destruction of most of the worlds population at Gods hand.

As an aside, I dont think only Gods people survive the beginning of Jesus reign, I think, just as Moses did, Jesus is going to lead his people into Jerusalem, the survivers of the ungodly will still remain on Earth and as seperate nations, except they wont have Satan leading them, that these Nations will witness for themselves how better off Gods people will be, just as occurred with the Israelites, and that the people gnashing thier teeth outside, wont be figurative, but literal, and at the end of the 1000 years, these nations will be stirred up by Satan to attack Gods people, it wont be a load of resurrected JWs that go bad at the end of the 1000 years that never made sense to me, it will be the same ungodly that we have now, but with Gods people in there midst just like the earlier pattern.

• tec
    tec

As an aside, I dont think only Gods people survive the beginning of Jesus reign, I think, just as Moses did, Jesus is going to lead his people into Jerusalem, the survivers of the ungodly will still remain on Earth and as seperate nations, except they wont have Satan leading

them, that these Nations will witness for themselves how better off Gods people will be, just as occurred with the Israelites, and that the people gnashing thier teeth outside, wont be figurative, but literal, and at the end of the 1000 years, these nations will be stirred up by

Satan to attack Gods people, it wont be a load of resurrected JWs that go bad at the end of the 1000 years that never made sense to me, it will be the same ungodly that we have now, but with Gods people in there midst just like the earlier pattern.

I think similar to you, Nambo, though there is much I do not know.

I don't think there are two 'armageddons', so to speak. I think that first: Christ comes and brings all who belong to him into the Kingdom. The ones outside (goats) are the ones weeping and gnashing their teeth in the darkness. This could have a very spiritual meaning, rather than a physical place meaning. Perhaps even both.

But at the end of the "thousand years", all of those outside the kingdom are deceived by Satan and come to make war against those within the kingdom, to destroy them (perhaps thinking that it should be theirs); and then fire comes down from heaven and devours them. This is to protect those withing the kingdom.

It is not a second test for those who are in the kingdom. That is an e x hausting and fear-inspiring false doctrine.

Peace,

tammy

• Nambo
    Nambo

"Second Test", yes I had forgotten that JW doctrine Tammy, I wonder what scripture they use to back that up with, maybe they where hoping to get us to keep reading the Watchtower for another 1000 yearsfor fear we might otherwise fail the test.

As if man would ever be able to prove the Devil right by being like God and being able to chose good depite knowing bad.

Another thing I dont agree with thats related, the JWs say the resurrection occurs throughout the 1000 years and JWs teach them the "truth", yet when I read Revelation 20 it lists the resurrection occuring after the 1000 years have ended!. Now Jws will teach that Jesus got the order of things wrong when he reaveled the Revelation, but Revelation 20 says when the dead come out of the sea, death and Hades, that they are judged according to what is written about them in the book and those not written in the book of life go straight to the second death, it doesnt say anything about the dead being brought back to life and failing some test.

Likewise ! Cor 15 says Jesus reigns until all enemies are destroyed, the last enemy being death, this implies people will still be dying, not being destroyed for death is described as an enemy whereas destruction is an action of God, so yes, people still dying during the 1000 reign, which mayvbe fits in better with Isaiah 65 where I feel its saying, people will indeed live a lot longer, somebody dying at 100 being cnsidered a mere child, but still dying nontheless. Then at the end of the 1000 years, when death is finally destroyed, thats when the dead, both pre, and during Christs reign are resurrected, to eternal life or the second death.

And then will be no more Death, after the 1000 years, not beforew, thats what it says in Rev 21 when the New Heavens and Earth come, "No more Death"!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

"The creationists have this creator who is evil, who is small-minded, who is malevolent, and who is not very bright and can't even get his science right. Creationists have made their creator in their own image, in my view." — Ian Plimer, The Skeptic.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Yes, it is too much to ask. You have a book, so what more do you want in the way of communication from the Most High?....eggnogg.

LOL...eggnogg you say some funny things.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Not all who think they belong to Christ actually do... tec

Now...there's pause for thought...have you ever considered that your comment could apply to you?

• tec
    tec

Of course I have.

Peace,

tammy

• thetrueone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit