China bans the word Ferrari from the internet -

by james_woods 11 Replies latest social relationships

• james_woods
    james_woods

Ferrari Censored In China

http://jalopnik.com/5894670/why-chin...nternet-search According to the above story, it is strongly suspected that a high level Chinese government official's son killed himself and severely injured two others in his Ferrari 458. To hush up the story, searches for the word "Ferrari" have been censored. Someone has apparantly leaked this story to the west. The Ferrari 458 is a two seat car (there were three people in the car) and none of them were wearing seatbelts. It is the newest Ferrari model and has a top speed of over 200 mph. Dumb, dumb, and dumber.
  • Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Testing phone. Anyways, bizarre and down right stupidis. How suspicious is that?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Of course, this silly censorship is only going to stop the rankest amatuer from finding this on the internet - and it was sure to cause the very backlash reported in Jalopnik.

About what you can expect from a government who thinks the Dahlai Lhama is their deadly mortal enemy...

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

China cannot afford to loose Tibet.

• Terry
    Terry

I see a parallel in thinking with the Watchtower Society. But, then again, I am prone to seeing this sort of thing in any mindless act.

• james_woods
    james_woods

True, Terry. And when are these people in that kind of authority EVER going to learn that you get whacked about the head and shoulders for the COVERUP attempts - not really for the crime itself.

• Exterminator
    Exterminator

I'm in China, and I just tried to search "Ferrari" and its Chinese translation "???" on the Chinese search engine Baidu. It returns results, but nothing regarding the accident.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I'm in China, and I just tried to search "Ferrari" and its Chinese translation "???" on the Chinese search engine Baidu. It returns results, but nothing regarding the accident.

We will have to wait and see what the new media says, but Jalopnik claimed to have a picture of the wrecked car. They are usually pretty much correct on car stories. Can you get to the Jalopnik article itself?

• Exterminator
    Exterminator
    Can you get to the Jalopnik article itself?

Yes I can, but when I try to access the original NTD report, I get the following welcome message:

Navigation to the webpage was canceled

• james_woods
    james_woods

Very interesting. I have not heard any more from the Ferrari board on this...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit