Saturday Morning Service

by Celestial 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Celestial
    Celestial

A couple of months ago, I thought out plans to go out in field service because I was stimulated by my cousin who's married and has recently been appointed a ministerial servant. I thought to myself, “If my life-long newly appointed ministerial servant cousin can knock on doors and present the Watchtower and Awake! so can I.” So, I can at least progress toward a status other than “inactive.”

It didn't happen. My cousin called and honked his horn in my driveway Saturday morning but I put my pillow over my head. Case in point, if I did go out and knocked on your door, what would you do?

If you could legally throw a pot of hot coffee on me???

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I'd do what I have several times in the past year, bring up THE GREAT WATCHTOWER CONTRADICTION. That linked essay asks a very profound question which perplexes even the most dyed-in-the-wool JW.

Ooooh -- I'm so glad I don't have to go to the door any more.

Len

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If your newly appointed assistant hounder can waste his time knocking on doors, does that make it any less wasteful for you to do it as well?

• Celestial
    Celestial
    If your newly appointed assistant hounder can waste his time knocking on doors, does that make it any less wasteful for you to do it as well?

It's not so much a newly appointed assistant as it is family/friend related. I've dealt with personal rivalry from this family member since birth.

We grappled over adolescent activities as teens, but things got more serious as we became adults. I'll humbly acknowledge that he kicked my ass career-wise.

It felt good to connect with him outside the corporate world (provided he has interests outside materialism). His door is open to connect with him as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. It's kind of weird because we never discussed anything related to Jehovah's Witnesses growing up until he got married.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I don't quite understand you, Celestial.

• Celestial
    Celestial
    I don't quite understand you, Celestial.

This is just a discussion forum for recreational purposes. Not that I'm playing games, but if you want to really understand people google:

ex-jehovah's witnesses

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

So you get kicks out of posting pro-JW in what is essentially the uber anti-JW website out there?

Also, why would any of us throw hot coffee on you? We went through the same crap and I hope would never treat other JWs in such a fashion. If given the opportunity, I certainly would discuss all the contradictions in the WT and the Bible along with the failed prophecies and such.

In all honesty, what did you ever get out of service? I'd have an interesting conversation once in a while, but for the most part is was mundane. I don't need to waste time knocking on empty doors or talking to people that simply have no interest in converting to my religion.

• Celestial
    Celestial
    So you get kicks out of posting pro-JW in what is essentially the uber anti-JW website out there?
    Also, why would any of us throw hot coffee on you? We went through the same crap and I hope would never treat other JWs in such a fashion. If given the opportunity, I certainly would discuss all the contradictions in the WT and the Bible along with the failed prophecies and such.
    In all honesty, what did you ever get out of service? I'd have an interesting conversation once in a while, but for the most part is was mundane. I don't need to waste time knocking on empty doors or talking to people that simply have no interest in converting to my religion.

I find some interest in the intellectual challenges of viewpoints contrary to my own. You likely don't recollect anything desirable as a foot-soldier for Jehovah. It's impossible for some people. The important thing is that you're happy with what you're doing now.

I try to avoid homogenizing people into a collective mold, although yes, the majority of voices online pertaining to Jehovah's Witnesses are anti-JW. I may collectively fold into one of these absolutes sometime in the future, but that's just not the case right now.

• trebor
    trebor

"I find some interest in the intellectual challenges of viewpoints contrary to my own. You likely don't recollect anything desirable as a foot-soldier for Jehovah the Watch Tower Society's interpretations and teachings. It's impossible for some people. The important thing is that you're happy with what you're doing now.

I try to avoid homogenizing people into a collective mold, although yes, the majority of voices online pertaining to Jehovah's Witnesses are anti-JW. I may collectively fold into one of these absolutes sometime in the future, but that's just not the case right now."

FTFY

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

u must be proud

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit