I remember how I always preferred working alone door to door

by gubberningbody 17 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I'd just stand at the door and not knock on it or ring it. If someone came, I'd make a presentation - "Here's your tract!". Otherwise I'd just wait a couple of minutes and then go to the next door and not knock.

My theory was that if the angels were involved in the work, they'd make the ones who were interested come to the door and purposely engage ME.

Oddly enough that would happen sometimes.

• badseed
    badseed

I always preferred working alone because I would hate just standing there and listening to someone doing their presentation. I fell asleep on someone else's return vist one time. By being alone I could talk about different subjects and spend a little time kind of socializing (in a way). Never tried the standing there not knocking or ringing the doorbell. I was a good witness..lol besides god was watching.

• biometrics
    biometrics

I always went with someone. I preferred someone else do the lying.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I hated working alone!

• harleybear
    harleybear

I was forced to work alone when I Reg. Pioneered. see Brother Brownose thread under Harely Bear to see why. I liked meeting people and having discussion on topics that other JW's would have kitten over talking about. I met some amazing people. One guy who was a Luthern Minister, another gal who was a white witch, another fellow that was one of the most spiritual people I have ever met who happened to be a Hells Angel..... we are still very close friends, and the best looking cowboy on the planet who wanted to marry me. Wonder where he is? I was lucky that I worked a lot of rural territory and unassigned areas. ( Living in Montana, Oregon and the Dakota's there is a lot of that) I also never ever hung with the WT crap. We just would talk and share. Best visit I had was a woman that had her mean ass turkey chase me into my car. She felt so bad because I was nice about it and ask if I could come back at Thanksgiving for dinner. She invited me in. She fixed lunch and we talked for hours. She was really great. I learned so much from those folks but mostly learned that others are good, loving spiritual people and they don't have a Watchtower among em. They help me gain the perspective and wisdom to get free. Thanks my friends. Harley Bear and Truely Ridin Free zooooooom

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I always worked alone unless forced by circumstances to do otherwise. This was because I had developed my own understanding of the Bible and would not present WT doctrine hardly at all, my main aim was simply for people to consider the spiritual.

I was also very embarrassed by the inept way most JW's went about their preaching, I fully understand why the public do not like them, they are annoying numbnuts, most of them. Their Bible knowledge , despite years of so called studying, is virtually non existent, they know a few verses in isolation, they know WT stock phrases much better than the Bible.

What a waste of lives the whole WT thing is.

I had many great conversations with many interesting people over the years, I never made one convert.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

My idea of working alone was to take a walk with the rags semi-exposed down a street where no one was going to be walking and then call that an hour of field circus.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I always dreaded the challenging householders and would reflect for days what I should've said differently. There were times that I would write the Society with the dreaded questions but never getting a satisfying answer. That was many years ago.

Today, if I were still a JW, I'd hate to be presented with information from a handout inside THE GREAT WATCHTOWER CONTRADICTION.

Len

• Alfred
    Alfred

I didn't even know that this was allowed....

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I was both. Depended on my mood. If I was fealing zealous I'd engage people in conversation at McDonalds. If I was feeling shy I'd do the fake door knock and leave a magazine shoved in the door. After all.....it counts as a placement. I'd have 15 magazine placements that day! Yay me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit