Who owns the publishing rights to Crisis Of Conscious?

by Blind_Of_Lies 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

I Sent Cynthia an email offering to track down info on how she coudl release the book in Kindal and Ipad format and I recieved the following reply:

Thank you for your kind suggestion.

Cynthia Franz has plans to expand the promotion her late husbands books in the future including e-books. I cannot give you a timeline as she has a number of projects to resolve first. I will make a note to notify you when I do have a timeline.

Thank you once again for your inquiry.
    Deborah Dykstra
    Assisting Cynthia Franz

• Diest
    Diest

BOL download the software from calibre-ebooks.com and convert it from PDF to MOBI. Mobi is the kindle format....if you arnet tech savy I can do it for you if you email me the PDF file. You can also use calibre to convert it to EPUB, which works for Nook readers. The conversions are not alway perfect, but they are better than PDF.

Calibre is a great piece of software for managing your e-reader. You can also get books from torrents, if you are into pirating.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Cynthia obviously has the rights. She wanted out of the bookselling business altogether and turned it over to her friends. But they seem to have a hard time getting enough books to Amazon. They will show up sporadically at a decent price but then back to $100 or more. "In Search" was up to $800 a copy! Amazon will probably eventually print them. But it's a crying shame they can't be supplied to Amazon for sale. They have the books.

Bless dear old Ray Franz, in selling his books for 15-20 years I never once got a personal "thank you." He never even acknowledged my name on the phone! Payment always had to be in advance. Very rude IMO.

I sold thousands of his books.

Steven Hassan is the opposite. I have a large supply of his first and second books at retail price ($25). He's not distributing them to Amazon (nor anyone else that I know of). He has them on his site, too, at www.freedomofmind.com.

Randy

• Diest
    Diest

Can we get her to set up some sort of trust that could take the rights and ensure that this is run properly? This is really quite simple.

• blondie
    blondie

Contact Randy Watters (Dogpatch) by pm on JWN or his website www.freeminds.org

• haboob48
    haboob48

I have NO idea how the book thing works, but reading this thread had me make a call to the book store that got me a 4th edition CoC. It was hard back and the store said it was in excellent condition (which it was) for less than 30 us dollars, and had come from overseas. I do so want ISOCF, so it led me to just now make a call about the book. The store told me that they have access to 13 copies (ISOCF) at around the same price. I however do not want to step on toes, but I can give info to anyone who wants it? Can someone help as I would NEVER want to hurt Cynthia should the book be purchased elsewhere. Anyone can pm me for info, but if this isn't something I shoud do, by all means let me know. Thanks so much...Haboob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit