Do You Think Writing My Daughter is a Good Idea?

by mrquik 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrquik
    mrquik

Hello all. I left several years ago & have one daughter still in. She's 32 & married to a nonbeliever. After I got labeled as an APOSTATE, she cut off all communication. Recently, they moved back into the area & I was considering sending at least one letter explaining my position. I mainly wanted to direct her to Paul's site as I couldn't argue any points better. I asked my youngest daughter who's inactive what she thought. She didn't think it was a good idea. I would hate to look back twenty years from now after my grandchildren have grown, wishing I had done something. Any advice or experiences?

• Poztate
    Poztate
    she cut off all communication. Recently, they moved back into the area & I was considering sending at least one letter explaining my position.

It seems like it is already as bad as it can get... www.jwfacts.com is as good as it gets to explain the JW religion. An open mind would be needed.

Unfortunately very few JW cult members have one

• designs
    designs

Does you SIL support your daughter's shunning. Could you see your grandchildren with just the SIL. Send an Anniversary card, JWS celebrate those.

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

I would say just drop her a line saying something like, 'Hi, here I am. I'm your mum (or is it dad?) and I'd love to talk with you.'

Don't try to argue or prove anything. Just be a parent who wants to hug your daughter. Yes, I know it's hard.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Yep Agreed......

drop a line................

Don't preach...........

We know how WE hate it LOL

• mrquik
    mrquik

Thanks all. I'm the grand dad. My youngest argues that I would never have listened when I was in, which is true. But lives change. Mine did. I'm hoping her's will too. She posted my granddaughter's first school assignment on her Facebook page. The thought of one more life damaged by this cult is almost too much to bear. My son-in-law is a great guy, but I doubt he would ever cross my daughter.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Being in an almost similar postion, I don't think it's a good idea.

Since you asked, I would write her a letter telling her you love her unconditionally, and that you'd like to see your grandchildren with the promise of not saying a negative word against the religion or her. Period.

If you're only motive is to tell your side of the story, it will fall on deaf ears and push her even further. Otherwise, she would have contacted you by now.

You're daughter is a women who has the right to choose her life. You've already lived yours. As I mentioned I'm going thru the same thing and I know how you feel, but the truth be told...she's an adult who may just be happy with her lot.

The only time I say anything to my family is when they start in with me.

Also, with the WTS recently putting the screws to followers april 15, WT, you'll only get resistence.

I'm sorry, I was shattered myself....

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Write, but probably she will throw it away.

• mind blown
    mind blown

I don't know what the WTS position is on grandchildren. Do they also promote grandchildren not seeing their grandparents? I would think the elders would tell her it's a conscious decision as long as you don't promote your stance. I'm only guessing

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

no, do not discuss doctrine at least for awhile or never depending on the circumstances.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit