SUCCESS/ Your definition?

by Masterji 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Masterji
    Masterji

Kick it off.

M

• LB
    LB

To die in a place with warm water, maxed out credit cards and flat broke.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

Ponders for a moment,,,

I would have to say that success is when anything I do turns out better than I had hoped.

Norval.

• Kep
    Kep

My (dub) mother would always rubbish my father and call him a loser. Why??
    Because he never had anything of material value.
    Yet after their divorce, she got busy and bought her a home, then another place and was always upgrading her car.
    Dad on the other was a simple man, worked, went to the pub, gambled, had a good time.
    He was good to other people, would help anyone in need.
    After he died I reflected on how you would measure success and to me it's not in what you have.
    It's how you were known by people around you.
    My Dad was well thought of and respected by many, I got to see and experience that as I arranged his funeral.
    For me, success is shown by the way other people think of and treat you.

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Success is turning off the lights at night, and pausing near a window by the stairs, and having the moon shining in on you, and you smile to yourself because it still feels magical.

smashing mug down for emphasis, (only once though)

lauralisa

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

When she gets ten orgasms in a row, pure and simple.

• LB
    LB

Actually I feel pretty successful these days. One of my goals early on was to live in a place where when I looked out at night, all I could see are stars. No neighbors lights.

It's worked out well in that regard.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Masterji
    Masterji

Kep,
    It seems your Dad had the secret.

"There is no WAY to success, SUCCESS is the WAY."

• Introspection
    Introspection

Well if you want my 3 pesos, I think rather than measuring your attainments at any given point in time, it's a matter of follow through with your intentions, general or specific. (but certainly vague)

• larc
    larc

Success in my social life is knowing that there are friends and family that care about me, and I care about them.

Success in my work life is knowing that I am doing the best I know how. I know when I am goofing off and when I am doing well. I compare myself to myself, not to anyone else's successes or failures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit