Sex, the Disabled and the Terminally Single

by bigmouth 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Razziel
    Razziel

Prostitution should be regulated, taxed, and legal.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I've been known to know things from time to time.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Prostitution is legal in Australia.

Now that you've picked yourself off the floor... I agree that there shouldn't be any stigma on those who go simply because they can't get sex from anywhere else. Or if they feel that the sex is merely part of a transaction - sex for money. It's a win for each.

Where prostitution is legalised, it's not always a case of sexual slavery. It's a choice many women go into for a variety of reasons - but it's usually money.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

O.K., bluntly, what I'm getting at is this. At what point do you leave the moral aspect of paying for, or giving, sex and say that we should be able to facilitate sexual love for an adult who will likely never meet a mate due to the aforementioned afflictions

Or do we just agree that the ugly and disabled live their shortened lives and not break our moral taboos ?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Thanks Blind of Lies, I'll try and locate that doco. Sounds very liberal.

I'm trying to avoid the legal or illegal argument about prostitution here. I want to know why you would, or would not, let one of these people visit a sex worker.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

For me there is no moral aspect. It's a service in exchange for money.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I do not believe in black and white extreme moral situations.

• tec
    tec

People are responsible for their own morality, as long as they're not hurting someone by their choices. No one else has the right to judge. So it would not be up to me to decide or to judge if one of any kind of person visited a truly consenting se x trade worker... and not one who is being pimped out or made into a slave of the trade. (Because the latter would be hurting someone else.)

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Just for the record, Tec is clearly saying I am 100% right and she agrees with me ;)

P.S. How you been lately, kiddo?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

We do not live in an ideal world. So people do not fit into perfect ideals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit