Sex, the Disabled and the Terminally Single

by bigmouth 52 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Put aside your religious or moral standards if you can for a moment and give me your viewpoint on this........

Generally, the 'beautiful people' pair off with other 'beautiful people' in a sexual union for however long, and the average lookers meet other average lookers and so on down the line until you come to.......................those who don't appeal to the opposite sex due to appearance, injury, illness or mental capacity.

Can, or should, these people be given access to those in the sex trade for 'relief' without cause for fear or stigmatising ? Or is it a case of "That's too bad" (Meaning you're committing fornication and that cannot be sanctioned in any way)?

Have you ever needed to counsel a person (or their parents) on this ? Did you tell them, "It's too bad you're a quadriplegic/unattractive/simple-minded, you'll just have to wait for the new system", or did you have some 'creative' advice.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I don't think it should be illegal for any consenting adult to pay for sex with another consenting adult.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

I saw a documentary on this very subject a while back… I can’t remember the network or name of it but basically they said that for those on the British equivalent of Social Security the government will pay for one of these visits every few months. The documentary followed a 20 something year old guy in a wheelchair who was traveling for his annual visit to the whore house.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The sex trade in most places is illegal, if you are talking prostitution. Most of the boys, girls, men and women involved in it are not doing it out of choice. Some are downright sex slaves. Save money and head for Nevada or Amsterdam. Otherwise, why take a chance of being involved with someone who is a drug addict or sex slave to a pimp?

There is someone for everyone. A person doesn't have to be thin or beautiful to be appealing anyway.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

No, they don't, FHN. And you are correct about the sex trade. That's why I specified consenting. I can't think of any reason consenting adults, of their own free will, should not be able to pay one another for sex.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

It is legal in certain places, you know.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I did know that.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I figured you did.

• tec
    tec

The sex trade in most places is illegal, if you are talking prostitution. Most of the boys, girls, men and women involved in it are not doing it out of choice. Some are downright sex slaves. Save money and head for Nevada or Amsterdam. Otherwise, why take a chance of being involved with someone who is a drug addict or sex slave to a pimp?
    I don't think it should be illegal for any consenting adult to pay for sex with another consenting adult.

I agree with both of these statements... male OR female. I think it is the right of the person to decide what to do with their bodies. The problem is just that the women, girls, boys, or men are being victimized too often. How do you know who is consentual and who is a slave starving, or being pimped out and controlled through fear or drugs and threats?

Police go after the johns here, and the pimps if they can. But for the most part, the prostitutes are left alone.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

However, if it WAS legal... then it could be controlled and rights could be established and enforced.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit