Misleading insertion in 2-22-02 Awake.

by Belligerent Paladin 25 Replies latest jw friends

• thewiz
    thewiz

FDS? - Isn't that a Feminine Deoderant Spray?

• patio34
    patio34

Hi BP,

Thanks for that very good example! That took careful critiquing on your part--and wading thru the JW lit.

If it would be possible to scan the article on this thread that would be very helpful. Many don't have access to the magazine.

Welcome to the board and for making such an excellent contribution.

Pat

WTBS: Quit peeing on my leg and telling me it's raining.
  • slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

yes, welcome to the board and fine work digging this up.

I enjoy catching the Watchtower with their "..." and italics ours stuff.

I love the Internet. There will come a time soon when every quote they print will be instantly verifiable just like this one was. And then their deceptions, half-truths and lies are laid bare.

Slipnslidemaster: "Facts are the enemy of truth."

- Don Quixote

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Thanks for the offer of the scanned article BP - you have mail :o)

Termite - thanks for the offer of posting the publication if we couldn't get a scan. But maybe a posted copy of the magazine to Dr Wilson at the hospital as well mightn't be a bad idea - especially if it has information about contacting Bethel HQ etc.

Does Australia produce their own copies of Awkae for circulation? If so, maybe it will have the Australian HQ address if Dr Wilson wishes to make further enquiries. The more information he has immediately to hand would make his job of pursuing the matter, if he so wishes, much easier than having to search out contacts etc.

I'll e-mail the scanned copy to Dr Wilson once I've received it (thanks BP), but an original copy to back this up would probably be a good idea if anyone can send it by regular post together with details of Australian HQ or whatever is appropriate. It might add more weight to have the original.

Any thoughts - or offers? A member of the Quality Assurance team at the hospital has been notified about the matter and expressed interest!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

The magazines are printed in Australia at Watchtower Printery. The magazines are identical to overseas issues except for the back page which is locally produced.

Address of Australia Branch is:

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia,
    2-4 Zouch Road,
    Denham Court,
    NSW 2565
    Australia

Phone: (+61-2) 9829 5600

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Thanks to BP and OP :o)

Cyber mission accomplished.

Will keep you posted!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit