• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

...results in impaction of the rumen.

A damned hard way to die. Damned hard!

Marvin Shilmer

• darthfader
    darthfader

I have had several conversations with my father on this subject. The JW logic (if that is what you can call it) is supported by so many misconceptions and flawed ideas that I becomes impossible to reason with him. Once I pick away enough if the points to possibly expose the fatal flaw in his reasoning, he interrupts me and says "We just don't know, we have to wait on Jehovah..."

I read these threads with some interest hoping for a better knife with which to cut away they foundation of flawed thinking, but it seems to me that the JW are hopelessly held as captives of their own mental prison.

cheers

• Celestial
    Celestial
    Carnivores evolved to be thus, it would take a million years, and lots of painful deaths, and a lot of genetic fiddling to get them to eat straw.

From what I've been exposed to, it doesn't matter how you alter the clearly defined ratio of plant or animal intake that distinguishes a carnivore from a herbivore or omnivore and over what period of time, there's no evidence to support macroevolution. This means, that it doesn't matter what dietetic or other environmental factors you induce on a species or how you modify the genes, speciation is unempirical. There have been numerous unsuccessful attempts at artificially induced speciation through breeding methods, laboratory experiments and genetic manipulation. A lack of evidence for speciation whether natural or artificially induced is consistently confirmed by current genomic and biotechnology information.

The National Center for Biotechnology Information advances science and health by providing access to biomedical and genomic information.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/guide/taxonomy/

Taxonomy Databases

Contains the names and phylogenetic lineages of more than 160,000 organisms that have molecular data in the NCBI databases. This currently represents about 10% of the described species of life on the planet. New taxa are added to the taxonomy database as data are deposited for them.

Phylogenetic lineages as subsets of the “evolutionary tree of life” is the idea that a sequence of species form a line of descent, the theory that each new species is the direct result of speciation from an immediate ancestral species.

The information analyzed in NCBI databases indicates no abrupt, gradual or intermittent development in an organism's characteristics or traits on a cellular, molecular or genetic level towards that of a new species. The phylogenetic lineage databases over any given time frame only consist of inherently identical species with no genetic variation. The idea that macroevolution is “too slow” to in anyway be observed is a blanket statement by diehard theorists to cover-up a lack of evidence.

The Genesis account of creation covers the major divisions of life and shows that these were created and made so that they reproduce only according to their respective “kinds.”

A lion eating and being physically sustained by vegetation “just like a bull,” would require neurological changes and modifications to a carnivore's anatomy.

Instinct and animal behavior are controlled by the brain and nervous system. In this instance, a fixed action pattern in the brain in response to sensory stimulus (food) would have to be rewired so that a carnivore would react to plant-based foods and not be a predator. Changes would likewise have to be implemented in the species digestive system.

Matthew 19:28 does speak of a re-creation. The evidence so far supports life as a product of creation.

Jesus said to them: “Truly I say to you, in the re-creation...” Matthew 19:28

• just Ron
  • EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

In fact, large cats like lions and tigers can't simply survive on meat (like muscle meat). they also need the brains, the bones, etc. If large cats don't get enough brains in their diets they go blind.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Knowing how my small fox terrier reacted when we fed her foods she did not like, I expect the lion would be outraged. It seems likely that the lion will show humans a thing or two by devouring the human who fed him straw. A lion has to do what a lion has to do. Unless all lions will be JW lions. They would not be lions anymore but domestic pussy cats.

• TD
    TD
    This means, that it doesn't matter what dietetic or other environmental factors you induce on a species or how you modify the genes, speciation is unempirical.

Okay, I'll bite.

In zoology, it's difficult to prove speciation to the satisfaction of a skeptic, but in botany the evidence is generous. If your comment was only applicable to the former, let me apologize in advance.

Since you seem to be advocating a rigid form of Creation (?) (Which presumably would be applicable to both) I'll give one of many examples from the latter:

One of the most popular landscape plants in the American Southwest is called the Golden Barrel cactus. (Echinocactus grusonii)

E grusonii was a relatively recent, naturally occurring hybrid that's found only in two very small areas of Mexico. -It's a cross between the true barrel (Ferocactus) genus and an unknown Echinocactus or Echinocereus species. And this has recently been confirmed by Dr. Charles Butterworth using DNA sequencing.

Genetically, it is very, very similar to other barrel cacti with one important difference: The ovary is incompatible with pollen from the parent species.

You can see the very noticeable difference between the ovaries here in my hot little hand:

F herrerae on the left; E grusonii on the right.

This physical incompatibility genetically isolates it from the parent genera, making natural pollination impossible. The result is a real, bonafide, self-sustaining species that breeds true.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

raw eggs

Isn't this 'meat' in a broader sense?

NOLAW

• mP
    mP

I suppose if one renames lion to mean the same as cow as in cattle then its true. Stranger redefinitions have been seen out in the wild.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit