Be a part of research about leaving the JWs...

by TerriO 31 Replies latest jw friends

• TerriO
    TerriO

Hi guys,

Some of you may remember me, I've been on here before in the past and been about on the exJWs forums on and off for about 7 years now. You've probably also seen me advertising the xJW meet ups in London as well..... :-)

Well I am a psychology student at The University of Kent, UK. And am currently conducting a study on the long-term effects of leaving a high control religious group. So far about 60 exJWs have done the online survey and a couple of exScientologists..... people that have got back to me about it have told me that they found it interesting and that they believe it to have asked some important questions.

Currently there is no academic research in the field of psychology looking at what I am looking at. And now I have a few of the leading psychology (and some sociology) researchers saying they are interested in the study and look forward to hearing the results.

I need as many exJWs to do the survey as possible (at least 200 eventually would be good), so if you would like to do it, I would be extremely grateful! It is completely confidential and no identifiable information will be asked of you like your name etc. It will only ask your age, gender and nationality. You can also have your data removed at a later time if you wanted to for whatever reason. It is obviously completely voluntary, so if you do forward it on to friends (for which I would be really grateful) please do not pressure anyone to do it. :-) People have told me it has taken on average about 20-25 minutes to do, this is because for the information to be valid and to test the current theories there are a lot of questions we need to ask.

If you have any questions/comments/thoughts/feelings about the study, feel free to ask me either here, or at: to62 @ kent.ac.uk

Here is the link to the survey: https://kentpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/SE?SID=SV_37Row0YtLkAwNWA

:-)

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Done!

• TerriO
    TerriO

Thanks 00Dad!!! :-)

• nugget
    nugget

Done a bit of a marathon though so clear 30 minutes.

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

I'm afraid I might have skewed your results a little -- since I'm a fader, I haven't been shunned, but that's only because they don't know, and I've only been away for a couple of months. Another two months from now and it might be shunning all around.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Best wishes that at least 200 exJWs complete your survey TerriO. When your research is completed, I hope that you send a copy to members of parliment to help them understand how dangerous cults like the WTBTS injury their members either emotionally or physically.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• finally awake
    finally awake

done :)

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

Done!

• biometrics
    biometrics

Done

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

https://kentpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/SE?SID=SV_37Row0YtLkAwNWA

Marked for later...will put it on Facebook as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit