They Don't Care If It Is Not The Truth

by Dutchy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Dutchy
    Dutchy

One of my brothers in an elder in his congregation and the other is a CO. They have both told me that they don't beieve that Jehovah's Witnesses have the truth and they are aware of the hypocrisy in the organization but they don't care. They will never renounce their membership in this organization. When asked why they say that they love the adulation given to them by the brothers.

The are always the first to be invited to the homes of the friends, they are sought out for advise and it makes them feel like big, important men.

The truth is that this organizaation does serve a purpose for some people. Whether it is right or wrong has no real bearing on their decision to belong. If you are "in the world" and you are someone with a menial job or someone who is a loner and doesn't have many friends and male and then you come into this congregation and you begin to rise through the ranks and given more and more "privileges", why this can be a real rush for some of the men and actually tends to reinforces the belief system proferred by the Watchtower, because lets face it, most of us are vain anyway. Add that to "see how great I am and how Jehovah is using me" and you have a diehard JW. Nothing the Society can do or say can swerve this type and it is their job to keep the other witnesses in line and this they do with gusto and pleasure. Its so, so sad.

• zugzzwan
    zugzzwan

Elders are a dangerous breed! In fact I should start a thread on thoughts on Elders.

• freeborg
    freeborg

The truth is they enjoy being spiritual policemen and having so called authority from God to tell you what to do and not to do. Well I have authority from my own personal choice to tell them to go and SHOVE IT!

• Celtic
    Celtic

.... Right up their friggin asses.

Elders, biggest damage causing home wreckers, blundering fools, proud, arrogant twats the lot of em.

Ummmmmmmmmmm.

Peace

Mark

• JT
    JT

this is one of the best personal exp i have seen in awhile and so true

this is why i tell folks don't get bent all out of shape trying to show jw some Flip flops and so forth

for some it will be what they need to head out to freedom

but don't wast your time or energy trying to convince someone who:

1. doesn't want to be convinced it ain't the truth

2. those who know it aint' the truth and they don't care.

instead consider helping folks who are not in never to get in- for me that is what really counts- those in for the most part will die in but there are those who if they have the info that we have now they will more than likely not ever become jw in my view

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

I have heard some say "Where will I go".. Even though they may know that everything is not right with the organization they are satisfied to say nothing and stay in it. I have said that most like elders are only there for the prestige of the position or for social reasons. What made me really think was when I was a teenager and someone at the door said to this sister something to the effect that your hope for the future was just a dream. She responded with something like "well it maybe a dream but it is a nice dream". That's all people its only a dream and "We are such stuff as dreams are made of."

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Good point Dutchy...the qualifications to be an elder was never 'faith' anyway...only the things seen by other elders...the things you can easily 'pretend' to be faithful in...like field service hours or regular meeting attendance. One's faith is demonstrated by one's works...one's works can be fake...artificial...a con...deceitful... hypocritical etc.

You say: "If you are "in the world" and you are someone with a menial job or someone who is a loner and doesn't have many friends and male and then you come into this congregation and you begin to rise through the ranks and given more and more "privileges", why this can be a real rush for some of the men and actually tends to reinforces the belief system proferred by the Watchtower"

I have seen many a "Deliverer" join the JW elder ranks...from a simpleton to an elder...what would you choose??

Beck

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I remember when I was asked to an MS it was kind of flattering, but with many misgivings I accepted, and boy were my eyes opened. As an MS you are assigned certain specific jobs Mine was as an attendant, meet new ones guide the friends to their seats when necessary, ask mothers with crying babies to go to ladies room. then it dawned on me this is little more than bs type work, especially when mentioned in meetings and talks about how great the elders were at the books, magazines, and keeping attendance matters done, i realized they weren't doing nothing but sitting on thier ass and taking credit for what the MSs were doing. These guys were on a real power trip, time came i stepped down from these "heady" responsibilities and to hell with em. I mean whopee a ten year old can carry a mike, people can figure out where they want to set, and mothers with crying babies, have "crying babies" if people don't like it leave.

It was a lot of bs, Elders are so in to themselves very few in my estimation cared deeply about the congregation. They did however, care deeply about their preceived positions of power and wanted others to care as much as they did. I could hear all of the infighting when being an attendant because many times these power hungry pricks would be having thier meetings behind closed doors and I always made it my business to be by those doors with my ears alertly picking up stuff. I could not believe all the back biting and infighting that was going on. Three of our 14 elders I was on very good terms with, and heard many remarks from them about what was happening. We definitely had so power hungry people in the congregation. These three were getting thier fill of the bs and two within a year had stepped down and virtually quit going to meeting because of the actions of the power hungry ones and non caring ones in the congregation. One still has his eyes sealed thinking we are just human we all make mistakes. You can lead someone to information but you can't make them react to it.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

For COs, bethelites etc, the organization is paying their bills and if they leave they realize they are nobody and have to start from scratch in life. It is just not an option in the minds of men like this so it is just suicide for them and for you to be discussing anything more than "surface" problems in the organization.

Many others are emotionally dependant on the organization, or have given up so much in life that they don't want to face up to the possibility that it was all for nothing. Also, where else can a janitor speak to a crowd of thousands?

So I think you are very much correct in that you say "they don't care if it is not the Truth". Ironic when you think how often they remind themselves how glad they are to "have the truth".

Path

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Dutchy,

You said:

"If you are "in the world" and you are someone with a menial job or someone who is a loner and doesn't have many friends and male and then you come into this congregation and you begin to rise through the ranks and given more and more "privileges", why this can be a real rush for some of the men and actually tends to reinforces the belief system proferred by the Watchtower"
    The way i see it, this is one of the reasons for religious people thru out all of history.

Will said:

"well it maybe a dream but it is a nice dream". That's all people its only a dream and "We are such stuff as dreams are made of."
    It's less intrusive in your life to buy a lottery ticket and have a bit of a dream!

Pat

WTBS: Quit peeing on my leg and telling me it's raining.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit