A Popular Question Raised by people who were never JW.

by Momma-Tossed-Me 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

00DAD & Ziddina - LOL!!!

It's been some years since I've spoken to an exJW woman who has kept her ear to the ground on the JW jungle-drums for the last 30 years or so. The WT Society is run by (JW) lawyers these days, yes? Have you ever heard of a completely honest lawyer in the corporate world?? Surely they are connected to 'worldly' associations/financial institutions. It's just a matter of finding out from someone who worked closer to their level and left - a matter of time. I met a guy a few years ago who used to be in Sydney Bethel. That place isn't all it's made out to be - and he had no reason to make up stories. He left/drifted away quietly with no thoughts of revenge or bitterness or hurt.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

How do they sleep at night ?

They soothe themselves to sleep by engaging in heavy cognitive dissonance. ie " Well....even if it's not "the truth" it's a good way of life "

People want to know "Who has the power of the purse strings?" and quite frankly so do I

I can't say who it is for sure, but I'll bet that, "Andre" fella, has someting to do with it.

• Wrath of Jehu
    Wrath of Jehu

I'm not sure. It saddens me that people question the Society in any fashion.

I remember when John Denver was boooed off the stage of the Johnny Carson show.

He had made an insult about our Superlative Creator's people, and Johnny set him straight; oh my how he set him straight.

Johnny said, and I'm quoting here, "I'm sorry Mr. Denver, but i'm going to have to ask you to leave. You see, I have workers on my staff here at the studio, and at my home who are proud Jehovahs Witnesses, and I am proud to have these ones in my employ, for they conduct themselves in a morally exemplary manner. I resent you making statements of a derogatory nature in regard to these fine people.

Before taking your leave from my television program, I would ask that you take this fine book with you...and read it in its entirety". Johnny then handed the hateful Mr. Denver the "Truth that leads to Eternal life" book. He continued "Now.. GET OUT OF HERE THIS INSTANT".

One person from the audience clapped...then another..then another..until the enitre audience was clapping in unison as a bewildered John Denver looked around the studio in amazement...and shame. Johnny yelled once again "Now GIT!!!"

When Mr. Carson invited John Denver back the next year, he asked Mr. Denver to sing a song. Mr. Denver pulled out his guitar and started plucking the strings in an attempt to play "Thank God I'm a Country Boy", but the guitar refused to comply. The only chords that would come out was the beginning stanza of "Keep Your Eyes on the Prize". Frustrated, Mr. Denver threw the guitar down and ran..with tears in his eyes and sobbing uncontrollably, off the stage.

Again, the audience rose as one and cheered.

Although Mr. Carson never took the truth and got baptized, and will not be resurrected for his failure to do so, it was fun to see him give John Denver his just due.

Yes. What joy.

Yip, yip, skippidee doo.

• smiddy
    smiddy

It`s Satan of course you dummies,how come you cant see that ? ,he`s blinded the minds of the unbeleivers.!!What was the question again ?

smiddy

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I'm only replying so my name is at the bottom of all the last 5 threads.

• talesin
    talesin

It's the Illuminati!

Come on, we've all seen the pics of Russel's grave.....

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

wrath of jehu - we were hitting a litle too close to home on this thread for you. Perhaps you are one of those people that has nothing beter to do after skimming millions off the top of the WTBTS.

• talesin
    talesin

Mr. Denver pulled out his guitar and started plucking the strings in an attempt to play "Thank God I'm a Country Boy", but the guitar refused to comply. The only chords that would come out was the beginning stanza of "Keep Your Eyes on the Prize". Frustrated, Mr. Denver threw the guitar down and ran..with tears in his eyes and sobbing uncontrollably, off the stage.

Bahahahaha!!!!! Musta been the demunz in his guitar .....

Is that on youtube, or just another JW urban legend?

tal

• trebor
    trebor

Wrath of Jehu, if you are being honest here:

"I remember when John Denver was boooed off the stage of the Johnny Carson show..."

What you have done is convinced yourself or believed something which has never occurred. Not surprised though, as the Watchtower and its supporters and/or members have years of indoctrinating and "stories" that go around being presented as fact or truth.

The John Denver tale told by Wrath of Jehu is just that:

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/ordered.asp

Bad enough the Watchtower Society has ruined many lives and families by its story-telling or interpretation to say the least. If you're going to tell a tall-tale, try to be a little more original.

Or perhaps we'll hear a "Smurf" story next.

And Wrath of Jehu, nice shift of focus from the leadership to the 'common' members. Discussion on how the financial leadership of the Watchtower business turns into a "poor Witnesses are attacked once again". Are there many sincere, genuine people who make of Jehovah's Witneeses? Sure. That can be said for any organization or cult. It doesn't make what they have as being some sort of "truth" or leave the organization they support without reproach or just downright crooked.

It saddens me to think there are (many) people that are saddened by any organization being questioned.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Trebor, great catch on Jehu's redirect from the topic at hand. It is true. misdirection is the JW's weapon of choice.

"Look over there! Now look over there! Look here! Now do you see how dangerous this world is?" After you have been dizzied by all of the head movement....sheeple muddle out "...yeah things are really bad...." Bible study started, objective achieved.

MTM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit