tattos, biker, and ??brazin conduct?????

by harleybear 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it's a cult

• harleybear
    harleybear

Okay let's just say that some elderberry (I love that !!!) comes by my house sees say my tatoo, makes a comment about it and I say I don't think it is any of his business. Is that disrespect or just setting boundries? I recently brought up the topic of voting here on JWN. If I have a campaign sign in my front yard and the little church ladies come by and see it and report it am I quilty of brazin conduct? When do they start the wire taps and peaking in the window. I bring this up not necessarily to get answers but to point out how nuts it has gotten. The org is following the pattern of controlled thinking we are experiencing in the US. We are with the government and we are here to help. Is that brazin conduct........?? are they not being neutral and siding with "worldly thinking". If anyone has the actual wording of the "church elder book" or what ever the hell they call it I would love to see it. I have only been hooked up with JWN since February and I have sooooooo appreciated the experiences and support from you all. If there ever was any doubt that leaving the JW org was the right thing to do all doubt has been removed. Yicks what a wacky sick cult. Harleybear

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Here ya go Harley. From the latest Elder manual.

9. Brazen conduct, loose conduct: (Gal. 5:19)
    The Greek word translated "brazen conduct," or
    "loose conduct," is a·sel'gei·a. Strong's Greek Dictionary
    uses very forceful terms to define it: "licentiousness;
    filth[iness], lasciviousness, wantonness." The
    New Thayer's Greek English Lexicon adds to the list
    "unbridled lust, ... outrageousness, shamelessness,
    insolence." Another lexicon defines a·sel'gei·a as conduct
    that "violates all bounds of what is socially acceptable."
    Rather than relating to bad conduct of a
    somewhat petty or minor nature, "brazen conduct"
    describes acts that reflect an attitude that betrays disrespect,
    disregard, or even contempt for divine standards,
    laws, and authority. Therefore, two elements
    are involved in brazen conduct: (1) The conduct itself
    is a serious violation ofjehovah's laws, and (2) the attitude
    of the wrongdoer toward God's laws is disrespectful,
    insolent.-w06 7/15 p. 30; w83 3/15 p. 31;
    w73 pp. 574-576.

10. Though this is not an exhaustive list, brazen
    conduct may be involved in the following if the
    wrongdoer has an insolent, contemptuous attitude
    made evident by a practice of these things:
    • Willful, continued, unnecessary association
    with disfellowsbipped nonrelatives despite
    repeated counsel.-Matt. 18:17b; 1 Cor. 5:11, 13;
    2 John 10, 11; w81 9/l5 pp. 25-26.

• harleybear
    harleybear

Black Sheep: Thanks so much for the official word. Wow that is a very broad brush stroke. Violates all bounds of what is socially exceptable????? Who's society? Is it the lilly pristine views of the GB in New York. How about the folks in the Sudan, Asia, Jordan??? All societies have different clothing styles, child rearing opinions, hair styles, family values......... the list goes on in on. Is the template we are supposed to follow that of the pic's in the WT literature? Gad's it is getting worse by the minute..... and me without my Kool-Aid. I am sooooooooooo glad to be out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit